Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do you do when you go to a party? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Have a few drinks, mingle, introduce my self to any new people, drink more, have a dance off, win dance off, celebrate with drink, have deep and meaningful conversation with my best mates, have a pretend fight, apologise or accept apology for unanticipated pain, drink, get my **** out, sometimes by choice, other times not, smoke and talk to equally drunk girls, laugh manically with mates and pee in and in things, sharing a look as to say we're so hot right now! Wake up in morning, have a brief think about what a tool I was send texts confirming my behaviour or less likely bragging about the girl I pulled. Phew! Sums it up for ya?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desdemonata)
    ...I do it clubbing Don't give up on the competitions!
    Classy girl I applaud your courage! I won't

(Original post by Cheese_Monster)
    You really will. I miss them everyday :cry2:
    (Original post by marcus2001)
    Just makes the house parties 10x better when they come round
    Well that's just depressing- I'll appreciate them while I still can! I suppose it's just part of growing up..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    These days, drink and talk with people I already know (which is normally everyone present currently). When I was in sixth form I'd sit in a corner and drink until I feel it is appropriate to get to know people I've never seen before while walking around with a bottle of jaeger I filled up with cider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flubadiblam)
    Have a few drinks, mingle, introduce my self to any new people, drink more, have a dance off, win dance off, celebrate with drink, have deep and meaningful conversation with my best mates, have a pretend fight, apologise or accept apology for unanticipated pain, drink, get my **** out, sometimes by choice, other times not, smoke and talk to equally drunk girls, laugh manically with mates and pee in and in things, sharing a look as to say we're so hot right now! Wake up in morning, have a brief think about what a tool I was send texts confirming my behaviour or less likely bragging about the girl I pulled. Phew! Sums it up for ya?
    Exactly the same as this minus the bold, that's a little homo

ReputationRep:
    mingle and purloin any free drinks that are going...

ReputationRep:
    Ha read the part in bold in the voice of Mugatu from zoolander, yeah doesn't make it less gay does it, but whatever I have gay friends so its ok right?

ReputationRep:
    Drink, drink, drink lol

Dance alot, I seem to just laugh and giggle at anything tbh

Talk to people about not seeing them in "ages"

Text/drunk call people meh. House parties are my favourite, surprised that I haven't been the girl crying on the stairs… yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Young Hot Stalin)
    Classy girl I applaud your courage! I won't

Well that's just depressing- I'll appreciate them while I still can! I suppose it's just part of growing up..
    Well, seeing as flat/house parties were my only social life for the first 3 months of uni, I can tell you that there will always be a flat party to go to if you need one.

ReputationRep:
    My friend had a house party and invited absolutely everyone, and it got completely out of control! I ended up, along with others, trying to kick all the gatecrashers out, trying to calm down her brother who was having a complete panic attack, trying to work out what had been broken/stolen, speaking to the Police when they finally arrived, looking after some kid in year 10 who gatecrashed, got completely drunk, fell asleep and threw up in my friend's bed, and then spent approximately 5 hours trying to completely tidy the house again before her parents came up, which included the many puddles of vomit everywhere !!

But yeah, at normal parties, tend to stand or sit around chatting to people who I don't actually know, trying to stop my friends from getting with random people (and failing!) while drinking my WKD and getting bullied cos that's basically all I drink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    Dance poorly. Drink copiously. Attempt to pull.

Not always in that order, though it'd be 2, 1 and 3 if I moved them in line of how repeatedly successful they were.
    Funny guy.

ReputationRep:
    Criticize the DJ, put superglue on all the light switches, spray the houseplants, run a book on who's gonna end up running around in their underpants with a "Napolean" type hat on made out of newspaper.

I left a party once and turned the flanger up on the mixer on my way out to add my own "60's psychedelic" touch as a present for them. Apparently it was still up when the party finished, according to the host the next day.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.