Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Album suggestions? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Looking for some new albums to listen too... Kinda worn out the ones I've been listening to recently.

The kinda **** I'm into be:
    - The Beatles
    - Radiohead
    - Stone Roses
    - Pink Floyd

Come at meh with your album suggestions, bros!

ReputationRep:
    Dot Hacker - Inhibition is an album i recently listened to, you may enjoy it, its a bit different to the stuff you mentioned but i really enjoyed it.

ReputationRep:
    Do you like Bob Dylan? Give Highway 61 Revisited or Blonde on Blonde a listen :yep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much every Mark Knopfler album. Though I'd suggest Get Lucky and Sailing to Philadelphia as the easiest to get into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Do you like Bob Dylan? Give Highway 61 Revisited or Blonde on Blonde a listen :yep:
    I haven't actually listened to any Bob Dylan, but have been tempted for a while. I'll give Highway 61 revisited a listen now.

ReputationRep:
    The Gathering listed both Pink Floyd AND Radiohead (as well as Massive Attack) as an influence on their fifth and sixth albums How to measure a planet? and if_then_else. Lately How to measure a planet? has become one of my favourite albums of all time, and it's really good. It's got female rather than male vocals, but Anneke Van Giersbergen has the best voice I've ever heard.

As well as that, try some Porcupine Tree. In terms of similarity to Pink Floyd I would recommend their pre-lightbulb sun material, and the song radioactive toy in particular.

And Queen were very influenced by the beatles, and not to mention one of the greatest rock bands ever. If you've only heard their greatest hits and popular songs, you'll be in for a treat if you decide to listen to their albums!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrNedRewMan)
    I haven't actually listened to any Bob Dylan, but have been tempted for a while. I'll give Highway 61 revisited a listen now.
    Nice one. What did you think of it? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Everything Everything and Dutch Uncles both have albums coming out on the 14th, I'm really excited about those.

Anyway, perhaps you'd like Massive Attack's record, Mezzanine, it's a classic, you'll have overheard some of the tracks somewhere

or perhaps check out Lianne La Havas - Is Your Love Big Enough?

ReputationRep:
    Looking for some new albums to listen too... Kinda worn out the ones I've been listening to recently.

The kinda **** I'm into be:
    - The Beatles
    - Radiohead
    - Stone Roses
    - Pink Floyd

Come at meh with your album suggestions, bros!
    Muse?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AC/DC- Back in black

ReputationRep:
    Nice one. What did you think of it? :teeth:
    'Twas very good. Thanks for the suggestion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColouredTights)
    Muse?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Already one of my favorite bands. Forgot to put them on that list :/

ReputationRep:
    'Twas very good. Thanks for the suggestion
    Amazing right?

Try Blonde on Blonde next if you're up for more Dylan at some point

ReputationRep:
    Weezer - Blue &/or Pinkerton

ReputationRep:
    A few of my favourite albums are: the first 3 Modest Mouse ones, Self-Titled and Songs for the Deaf by Queens of the Stone Age, Daydream Nation by Sonic Youth and Doolittle by the Pixies.

Here's the first song of Modest Mouse's 'This is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about', everyone I play it to seems to like it:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Listen to Belle and Sebastian if you haven't already done so, they are good!

ReputationRep:
    Amazing right?

Try Blonde on Blonde next if you're up for more Dylan at some point
    Listened to Blonde on Blonde today, liked it a lot. Not quite as good as Highway 61 Revisited (Which I listened to again today... Twice), But still very good.

Thanks again for the recommendation

ReputationRep:
    Listened to Blonde on Blonde today, liked it a lot. Not quite as good as Highway 61 Revisited (Which I listened to again today... Twice), But still very good.

Thanks again for the recommendation
    You've clearly got good taste Yeah, I agree with you, Highway 61 Revisited is better, in fact it's my favourite Dylan album! Blonde on Blonde is a close 2nd place though.

Whenever you feel like it, give Bringing It All Back Home a listen too

ReputationRep:
    The Legend of Johnny Cash

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.