Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Album suggestions? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    The Legend of Johnny Cash
    And all the American Recording Series.

ReputationRep:
    Arcade Fire or the National, particularly AF's Funeral or Neon Bible or TN's Boxer or High Violet.

ReputationRep:
    For something related to Pink Floyd and Radiohead, I'd recommend Porcupine Tree (if you haven't heard of them already) and The Pineapple Thief, both sound like a mix between the two. I'd say either In Absentia or Fear of a Blank Planet for Porcupine Tree (in particular the song Anesthetize), and Someone Here is Missing for The Pineapple Thief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrNedRewMan)
    Already one of my favorite bands. Forgot to put them on that list :/
    Fair enough. And may I congratulate you on a great taste in music!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColouredTights)
    Fair enough. And may I congratulate you on a great taste in music!
    Why thank you

ReputationRep:
    The Strokes - Room on Fire

ReputationRep:
    Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavillion is a pretty awesome album, very easy to get sucked into and lose yourself for a few days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrNedRewMan)
    Looking for some new albums to listen too... Kinda worn out the ones I've been listening to recently.

The kinda **** I'm into be:
    - The Beatles
    - Radiohead
    - Stone Roses
    - Pink Floyd

Come at meh with your album suggestions, bros!

THE KINKS.
    Anything by the Kinks.

You might like The Who too...Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy by them is fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    If you like the Beatles then as another Beatles fanatic, I highly suggest a lot of their solo albums. "All things must pass" and "Band on the Run" are two excellent ones, and "Cloud nine" is a later one that I still enjoy listening to.

Also I echo the thoughts of prior posts with regards to the Kinks. Also you can't go wrong with the Electric Light Orchestra

ReputationRep:
    Dire Straits - Alchemy

IMO one of the best live albums I've ever heard (on a par with Pink Floyd's PULSE)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.