NO WAY NEVER!!!!
    26.67%
    Yes - only if i were on a nudist beach
    6.67%
    Yes - only if my friends were doing it too
    7.08%
    Yes - i don't care i would do it any time
    7.92%
    BOOBIES!!!! (i'm a guy creeping on this thread)
    51.67%

ReputationRep:
    I am curious, after being in a discussion about bikinis, how many women would actually go topless on a beach?

i 100% promise despite how pervy this thread sounds, it's not the intention!!!

Spoiler:
    Show
    well... maybe a little

i included a poll but any comments below would be interesting.

i personally would if i was with other people doing it/close friends/partner and there weren't too many people about (particularly young lads)... or if i were at a nudist beach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    I am curious, after being in a discussion about bikinis, how many women would actually go topless on a beach?

i 100% promise despite how pervy this thread sounds, it's not the intention!!!

Spoiler:
    Show
    well... maybe a little

i included a poll but any comments below would be interesting.

i personally would if i was with other people doing it/close friends/partner and there weren't too many people about (particularly young lads)... or if i were at a nudist beach.
    The internet on my phone won't give me an option to vote I'm afraid so thought I'd give you an answer.

I was brought up with a good attitude towards body image and whilst my parents aren't nudists, they aren't particularly shy around the house.

I've been topless on the beach and around hotel pools a good few times now, both with family and friends on various holidays and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I've never been fully nude on a public beach (at least post puberty) but I probably would if the opportunity arose. When I was 16, I went on an exchange trip to Finland and went to a sauna there where everyone was expected to be naked and other than changing rooms, that's the only time I've been completely starkers in public.

When I went away last year with friends, a couple of them didn't want to go topless (although one of them did end up buying and wearing a thong bikini!) which is entirely their choice and what they're comfortable with. I'm sure there are some pervy blokes around but I can honestly say I've never felt objectified or like I'm being leered at and never had any adverse comments. Like when I was in Finland, nudity in Europe isn't uncommon or seen as being particularly rude.

ReputationRep:
    Hell no:eek:

what if someone took a picture then used it for blackmail then I'd be like 'wish I never went to that topless beach' :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)

what if someone took a picture then used it for blackmail then I'd be like 'wish I never went to that topless beach' :rolleyes:
    Exactly! 👏👏👏

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    nah..what if someone like videos you running or walking or skipping or something then posts it on the net

ReputationRep:
    I voted yes I'll do it anytime even though I'm a guy. All other guys should vote same

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bloke but would cheerfully get my **** and balls out if it helps.

If the information helps, I mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)

And the chances of this happening are?

ReputationRep:
    Naked volleyball, anyone? :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawstudent321)
    Exactly! 👏👏👏

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How's it blackmail? I'd feel more comfortable being naked on a beach, then being naked online. I wouldn't care if someone took pictures of me on the beach and sent them to my friends, we'd probably have a laugh about it. If you can't do it on holiday, when can you do it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    would be nice to have a specific view counter that counts how many guys and girls view this...

if it helps i can give my opinion, im quite open to the idea of going a little 'frisky'(for a lack of a better word), man or woman, though in my position, i would need to shape up a bit before doing so

who knows, i may get the chance to try this in the summer, plenty of time for people to get in shape

ReputationRep:
    In Germany public nudity on beaches is encouraged; they call it FFS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bex94)
    I've been topless on the beach and around hotel pools a good few times now, both with family and friends on various holidays and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smudge_moon)
    How's it blackmail? I'd feel more comfortable being naked on a beach, then being naked online. I wouldn't care if someone took pictures of me on the beach and sent them to my friends, we'd probably have a laugh about it. If you can't do it on holiday, when can you do it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    It's called self respect or even modesty, most people don't have it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    From the amount of boob threads that females make on TSR I am under the impression that most females on this site are very insecure about their breasts and will therefore say no.

Just my opinion :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I have no issue with other people doing it but it's just not something I'd be comfortable with and I don't really see any need to.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would and I have. I really don't care what people think and would rather not have white bits

ReputationRep:
    I expect that far more British women will sunbathe topless when abroad than will ever do so in the UK, even if we had a hot summer in the UK (remember those?).

ReputationRep:
    I would do it for a laugh if my friends were doing it too (and if I was a little intoxicated)

I wouldn't do it just casually though

ReputationRep:
    I would if it was a beach where other people were doing it and the people i was with were fine with it as well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.