The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kage
As a guy, I don't like tan lines on girls, no

strangely enough they're a vague fetish of mine. The difference of man and man, then.
Reply 41
I don't see why people do it then complain about being looked at. If you get your boobs out and you're attractive (and/or have a decent pair) then people WILL look. It's human instinct.

But hey, if you're comfortable with that then fine. I have no problem with women doing it but men will look. It's what (most) do.

I do take exception to the old wrinkly 85 year olds in Spain that do it. :eek: Not pleasant.
No, I have really small boobs (like A cup) so it would just be embarassing. Although tbh even if I was more comfortable with my body, I doubt i'd go topless anyway. What annoys me is when women do it purely for attention - some woman (at a family beach, NOT a nudist beach) went topless, walked into the sea and turned around and faced the entire beach, she just stood there :lolwut: :confused: Maybe I just took it personally because I wanted her boobs :tongue:
I'd never just go topless. There's no need for it in otherwise clothed situations, and it's a cop-out on a nudist beach.

That said, I don't go to beaches anyway, so the chances of being in a situation where I'm on one at all is miniscule.
Original post by sabian92
I don't see why people do it then complain about being looked at. If you get your boobs out and you're attractive (and/or have a decent pair) then people WILL look. It's human instinct.

But hey, if you're comfortable with that then fine. I have no problem with women doing it but men will look. It's what (most) do.

There is a difference between briefly looking and blatantly staring, whether a woman is topless or not. To quote a woman I know who has quite large breasts ' talk to my face not my tits'.
Reply 45
Original post by barnetlad
There is a difference between briefly looking and blatantly staring, whether a woman is topless or not. To quote a woman I know who has quite large breasts ' talk to my face not my tits'.

I know, but most men look anyway even if you aren't topless. I don't personally agree with staring - it's rude for one, but if women have large boobs then they should expect attention. It's a male instinct, call it rude or misogynistic but it's an instinct because males used to like to know who might make a good mate, and we never really forgot about it. It's why women with large hips generally are more attractive as they're good for bearing children with.
No , its too uncomfortable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by cambio wechsel
strangely enough they're a vague fetish of mine. The difference of man and man, then.

Yeah. I just don't know what it is with them. Maybe a slight bit, I wouldn't mind.
But if a girls been on holiday and has gone pretty much brown everywhere but on her breasts, and down below, its a bit.. odd, especially when you can also see strap lines. Not my thing at all.

I agree though, that guys are guys. We are pretty much biologically programmed to find breasts attractive for whatever reason.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TDL
Yes it does.

No self respecting woman would go topless on a beach, only whores.

only those who charge money for sex go topless?

riiiiiiiiiight :rolleyes:
I looked at the poll results so far, and assuming all the votes on the 'no way never' or yes options are women, it was a surprise to me (33 no votes, 29 for one or other of the yes votes). Given the problem of body image issues that affect British people and the increasing amount of make up and fake tan that women seem to wear, compared with even two or three years ago, I would have expected maybe three quarters or more of the votes to be no.

Perhaps the approach of the French, Germans or Dutch is gradually becoming the view in the UK, or are the members of the forum different from many other British women?
Reply 50
I think on a nudist beach I would because I would feel a bit stupid if I didn't. However I don't really frequent nudist beaches and I tend to go on holiday with my parents. I feel pretty uncomfortable getting my boobs out in front of my parents....So I guess I would if most other people were and my parents weren't there.
Reply 51
Original post by barnetlad
I looked at the poll results so far, and assuming all the votes on the 'no way never' or yes options are women, it was a surprise to me (33 no votes, 29 for one or other of the yes votes). Given the problem of body image issues that affect British people and the increasing amount of make up and fake tan that women seem to wear, compared with even two or three years ago, I would have expected maybe three quarters or more of the votes to be no.

Perhaps the approach of the French, Germans or Dutch is gradually becoming the view in the UK, or are the members of the forum different from many other British women?

you have to bear in mind a lot of people on here voting are students, so probably more carefree/more comfortable in their body than people maybe a bit older/bodies drooping a bit further down south.

i do find it odd though because most of the women in europe who go topless are all the oldies... much disappointment.
Reply 52
I am not really shy about getting them out in front of strangers - I wouldn't want to if my family was there though because we don't really have comfortable nakedness status.

BUT I don't think I'd ever get them out on the beach anyway. I don't really care about having tanned boobs - what's the point? - and sun exposure makes skin lose its elasticity. I'd rather have young boob skin.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by Bellissima
you have to bear in mind a lot of people on here voting are students, so probably more carefree/more comfortable in their body than people maybe a bit older/bodies drooping a bit further down south.

Really? I find it's the other way around. Young people are relatively insecure about their bodies even though they have young supple skin etc., whereas the oldies have enough experience and have seen enough imperfect naked bodies to think, "who gives a crap, we're all roughly the same."
Reply 54
I didn't vote because nothing fits what I think - at the moment it's a no way, but would easily change once I've lost weight, so long as it's the norm (or at least not unusual) for the place.

I don't care about tan lines, so I'd only really be doing it to be accepted by the rest of the people there (all girls holiday or European beach where it's almost expected) and as I said before I wouldn't do it until I felt more comfortable in my body.

A bit worried though that next year I'm basically studying on a German beach :/ Much as I love boobs, I prefer to see them in private.
If I have a really hot body, yes defo.
Reply 56
Original post by Jelkin
Really? I find it's the other way around. Young people are relatively insecure about their bodies even though they have young supple skin etc., whereas the oldies have enough experience and have seen enough imperfect naked bodies to think, "who gives a crap, we're all roughly the same."

hmm well i find most people are insecure during their teenage years but that usually disappears around 18-21, especially when they go to uni.
Reply 57
Never, I'd get mistaken for a bloke :')
Tonight there is a new Channel 4 programme 'what happens in Kavos'. Sounds like one of the typical Brits abroad getting drunk on holiday docusoap if the website description is anything to go by.

The relevance to this thread- how long before a woman sunbathing topless is shown? My guess is 22 seconds.

Latest

Trending

Trending