NO WAY NEVER!!!!
    26.67%
    Yes - only if i were on a nudist beach
    6.67%
    Yes - only if my friends were doing it too
    7.08%
    Yes - i don't care i would do it any time
    7.92%
    BOOBIES!!!! (i'm a guy creeping on this thread)
    51.67%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    Really? I find it's the other way around. Young people are relatively insecure about their bodies even though they have young supple skin etc., whereas the oldies have enough experience and have seen enough imperfect naked bodies to think, "who gives a crap, we're all roughly the same."
    hmm well i find most people are insecure during their teenage years but that usually disappears around 18-21, especially when they go to uni.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Never, I'd get mistaken for a bloke :')

ReputationRep:
    Tonight there is a new Channel 4 programme 'what happens in Kavos'. Sounds like one of the typical Brits abroad getting drunk on holiday docusoap if the website description is anything to go by.

The relevance to this thread- how long before a woman sunbathing topless is shown? My guess is 22 seconds.

ReputationRep:
    Is there NO modesty or shame left in this world?! It seems as if people have very little standards and don't actually care! What the hell is wrong with people that are willing to go naked at a public area, especially where they could be sensitive people or even worse children. Filthy sluts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bex94)
    The internet on my phone won't give me an option to vote I'm afraid so thought I'd give you an answer.

I was brought up with a good attitude towards body image and whilst my parents aren't nudists, they aren't particularly shy around the house.

I've been topless on the beach and around hotel pools a good few times now, both with family and friends on various holidays and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I've never been fully nude on a public beach (at least post puberty) but I probably would if the opportunity arose. When I was 16, I went on an exchange trip to Finland and went to a sauna there where everyone was expected to be naked and other than changing rooms, that's the only time I've been completely starkers in public.

When I went away last year with friends, a couple of them didn't want to go topless (although one of them did end up buying and wearing a thong bikini!) which is entirely their choice and what they're comfortable with. I'm sure there are some pervy blokes around but I can honestly say I've never felt objectified or like I'm being leered at and never had any adverse comments. Like when I was in Finland, nudity in Europe isn't uncommon or seen as being particularly rude.

Well if you perfectly natural about your body features and you are not shy then the pervy blokes are also helpless in this situation due to natural phenomena.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atemukay)
    Is there NO modesty or shame left in this world?! It seems as if people have very little standards and don't actually care! What the hell is wrong with people that are willing to go naked at a public area, especially where they could be sensitive people or even worse children. Filthy sluts.
    hahah..people are going back to stone age!!

ReputationRep:
    I have and I would again, just not around the family!

ReputationRep:
    I would but I would do it more on a nudist beach more. I wear swimsuits more than bikini's (can't get me out of wearing swimsuits whenever I can) so going topless isn't always good

ReputationRep:
    This issue is a matter of "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." I've done topless before, but only when others were topless too. I would never be the first, or even the second, to take it off.

ReputationRep:
    What is the obsession with exposing yourself. I don't get it.

Sure, if you want to tan your tits then go ahead. Running around with them flopping about is going to be more of a nuisance than a liberty.

I wouldn't do it even if my friends were. Maybe that's down to me not seeking validation from them. Either way, there's no need.

ReputationRep:
    Female or male, I expect most of us in the UK would wish it were warm enough now for the question to be an issue. Summer seems a long way ahead.

ReputationRep:
    dat resurrection tho :lockstock:

ReputationRep:
    Shame about the judgemental 'holier than thou' prudes on this thread.

I concur with OP, I probably would on a nudist beach or if friends did. That said, I'd probably need some female friends first LOL.
    White patches aren't great, bikini bottom lines can loot pretty hot, but white triangles are not. Plus fake tan always goes awful around the chest for me.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind being topless, but depending on beach if there are most or some topless then why not?
    Nothing wrong being a topless, I love it, at the same time I respect everyone who doesn't like to be topless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lexi99)
    I would if it was a beach where other people were doing it and the people i was with were fine with it as well
    I do agree with you totally, I do some times on vacation and my dad won back yard, by boyfriend love it

ReputationRep:
    I got arrested once for ******* on the beach over a topless teen girl
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Just came to check if option 5 was in the lead. Just what I expected :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bex94)
    The internet on my phone won't give me an option to vote I'm afraid so thought I'd give you an answer.

I was brought up with a good attitude towards body image and whilst my parents aren't nudists, they aren't particularly shy around the house.

I've been topless on the beach and around hotel pools a good few times now, both with family and friends on various holidays and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I've never been fully nude on a public beach (at least post puberty) but I probably would if the opportunity arose. When I was 16, I went on an exchange trip to Finland and went to a sauna there where everyone was expected to be naked and other than changing rooms, that's the only time I've been completely starkers in public.

When I went away last year with friends, a couple of them didn't want to go topless (although one of them did end up buying and wearing a thong bikini!) which is entirely their choice and what they're comfortable with. I'm sure there are some pervy blokes around but I can honestly say I've never felt objectified or like I'm being leered at and never had any adverse comments. Like when I was in Finland, nudity in Europe isn't uncommon or seen as being particularly rude.
    I would

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aye1)
    I would
    You would what?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.