Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boys Vs Girls MKIV [Read The First Post] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    I don't know what that means, but okay xD

It's a water-tight coverall used for water sports. I'm planning on joining up with the nearest sailing club and wanted to know whether my mums old drysuit would fit

It does, though a bit long in the leg

Now all I've got to do is contact the club and see if they have anyone needing crew!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by incipientT)
    It's a water-tight coverall used for water sports. I'm planning on joining up with the nearest sailing club and wanted to know whether my mums old drysuit would fit

It does, though a bit long in the leg

Now all I've got to do is contact the club and see if they have anyone needing crew!

Oh that makes sense. Sounds awesome, hope you manage to join ok

ReputationRep:
    Oh that makes sense. Sounds awesome, hope you manage to join ok

thanks, shouldn't be a problem, but there isn't much sailing this time of year, too cold!:pinch:

Do you do any sporty things?

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    thanks, shouldn't be a problem, but there isn't much sailing this time of year, too cold!:pinch:

Do you do any sporty things?

Oh wow, didn't even think about that. It'd be freezing :eek:

Climbing, though I haven't been in a while. I also go paintballing occasionally, which is kind of sporty? Do you do any other sports?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, didn't even think about that. It'd be freezing :eek:

Climbing, though I haven't been in a while. I also go paintballing occasionally, which is kind of sporty? Do you do any other sports?

That's what the dry suit's for.

Climbing I've sorta* done, but don't really go in for it much, paintballing? I know you shoot paint, but that's the extent of my knowledge...

don't think there's anything else sporty I do. Sailing is kind of my token sport, not being a particularly sporty individual normally

* long story short, I was working on a job which required me to be away for a week and we had a spare day. For some reason we took it into our heads to climb a nearby Munro. Not sure what we were thinking, didn't really have the gear for it.:dontknow:

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    That's what the dry suit's for.

Climbing I've sorta* done, but don't really go in for it much, paintballing? I know you shoot paint, but that's the extent of my knowledge...

don't think there's anything else sporty I do. Sailing is kind of my token sport, not being a particularly sporty individual normally

* long story short, I was working on a job which required me to be away for a week and we had a spare day. For some reason we took it into our heads to climb a nearby Monro. Not sure what we were thinking, didn't really have the gear for it.:dontknow:

:facepalm: Ok that makes a lot more sense now. I have a very limited knowledge of water related sports, not really my thing

Paintballing. Basically you just run around and try not to get hit by paintballs whilst trying to achieve some objective/shoot the opposing team. (I'm aware that that probably makes very little sense, but I can't remember anything more specific). It's a lot more fun then it sounds, if you like that kind of thing

You tried to climb a what?

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: Ok that makes a lot more sense now. I have a very limited knowledge of water related sports, not really my thing

Paintballing. Basically you just run around and try not to get hit by paintballs whilst trying to achieve some objective/shoot the opposing team. (I'm aware that that probably makes very little sense, but I can't remember anything more specific). It's a lot more fun then it sounds, if you like that kind of thing

You tried to climb a what?

it makes sense. It does sound kinda fun. Computer game IRL.

I spelt it wrong, I ment Munro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munro

good thing the weather stayed good.

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    it makes sense. It does sound kinda fun. Computer game IRL.

I spelt it wrong, I ment Munro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munro

good thing the weather stayed good.
    Aye it's pretty good fun, especially if you can convince a few friends to go along

Ah, that makes more sense Although that seems a bit of an ambitious climb if you didn't have the gear for it

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Aye it's pretty good fun, especially if you can convince a few friends to go along

Ah, that makes more sense Although that seems a bit of an ambitious climb if you didn't have the gear for it
    well, we took a car halfway up and it was pretty well traveled from there. Can't remember which mountain though.

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    well, we took a car halfway up and it was pretty well traveled from there. Can't remember which mountain though.
    Ah right, sounds pretty fun

Right, I'm off to bed, night :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, sounds pretty fun

Right, I'm off to bed, night :wavey:
    Good night:wavey:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.