Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

London Oratory Interview?! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayleigh-)
    You can hardly speak - you're doing Physics! I want to do Veterinary Medicine so it's either Maths or Physics and I'd choose Maths any day lol there were some questions that definitely threw me off a bit but at least they were quite generous with time - what a good way to spend a Saturday morning loool

Where you in the first group or second group? I was in the first group and was sitting on the other side of the room from you. I didn't know anyone there and everyone else seemed to know each other lol. I do remember a ginger boy though but there might have been more than one lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha, I'm scared of animals... O___o Im planning to study medicine. O.o it wasn't a good day to spend mine because after the test, I had to walk back home in the rain because I somehow managed to lose my Oyster card in the morning and managed to persuade the driver into letting me on the bus by doggy eyes, cute etc. :rolleyes:

Everyone was so mature looking! whilst waiting to enter the exam room, I was next to a boy where my head didn't even reach his chest.

I was in the first group too. The room where at the end of the test, the guy supervising us left a message for a boy about his mum and everyone started laughing?

the ginger guy was wearing all blue.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry not trying to scrape but I was amazed that this discussion was here but yeah i got email from Vaughan but not the London oratory and anyhoo a girl in my school who was worried about the interviews rang up both schools and they both said it is alphabetical and apparently the oratory does not do interviews until feb hope this is helpful
    P.S I am interested in the sciences and philosophy too lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AoifeEfroN)
    Sorry not trying to scrape but I was amazed that this discussion was here but yeah i got email from Vaughan but not the London oratory and anyhoo a girl in my school who was worried about the interviews rang up both schools and they both said it is alphabetical and apparently the oratory does not do interviews until feb hope this is helpful
    P.S I am interested in the sciences and philosophy too lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yes the info is perfect, thank you.

Did you apply to the Oratory? If so, how did you find the test ? Was it another raindrop to the grey morning or did it go quite well,overall?

I used to think that it was only private schools that conduct interviews but I guess that I was wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I personally found the test really odd as it was really testing how clever you are there was thi sone question about steps that confused me so much!! loll
    However girls from my school who are now in year 12 say the test did not matter so much ( it appears as) to them as the people getting in was varied and not just the smart ones! So yeah that mixes things up!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also oratory is kinda like a private school!! I was also in the first test when the headmaster said that his Mum was there, what a small world we live in x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha, wait, are you talking about the question involving the stairs? Hopefully what those girls have said is true!!!

Haha, a small world indeed. I couldn't stop laughing though, I feel really sorry for the boy. It's that cringey moment when everyone turns around and realises who it is and then they stare at you o__o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PINKFLEUR)
    Haha, wait, are you talking about the question involving the stairs? Hopefully what those girls have said is true!!!

Haha, a small world indeed. I couldn't stop laughing though, I feel really sorry for the boy. It's that cringey moment when everyone turns around and realises who it is and then they stare at you o__o
    Hahaha I felt really sorry for the boy too! It really is a small world hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niamhrafferty)
    Hi guys, I'm so happy I found something about these schools - there's hardly anything about them on here!

I haven't heard back from Cardinal Vaughan yet but I got a letter from London Oratory and my surname begins with 'R', my interview is mid January. I was in the second group on the test day but it's so weird to think we were all there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I could hardly find anything about either schools on here :/ I know right it's really weird! I hope you hear back from Cardinal Vaughan soon! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm so happy I found something about these schools - there's hardly anything about them on here!

I haven't heard back from Cardinal Vaughan yet but I got a letter from London Oratory and my surname begins with 'R', my interview is mid January. I was in the second group on the test day but it's so weird to think we were all there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    o__o you already got the letter from london oratory and your surname begins with the letter R? Oh no - I'm getting quite confused now :confused:
    i thought it went in alphabetical order... Or do they do the system of "pupils who perform exceptionally well must be offered interviews first"
    Cardinal vaughan send theirs in alphabetical order according to sources: people who have posted!! :rolleyes:

Haha yeah, a small world as the posts earlier have said

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused too! I'm sure you guys will hear from them after Christmas and hopefully I'll hear from Cardinal Vaughan too x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    Hi again, as some girls in my school had interviews at oratory, we were all getting slightly worried so one of the girls mum ran up to find out what was going on. Apparently they are giving interviews to those that they feel their predicted grades don't suit the subject or if they are full up, also Letters are to come. Another girl said the book they gave us said interviews would be conducted in February so that might be the other people. Hope this helps. (Gossip and important news goes around our year so quickly!!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi again, as some girls in my school had interviews at oratory, we were all getting slightly worried so one of the girls mum ran up to find out what was going on. Apparently they are giving interviews to those that they feel their predicted grades don't suit the subject or if they are full up, also Letters are to come. Another girl said the book they gave us said interviews would be conducted in February so that might be the other people. Hope this helps. (Gossip and important news goes around our year so quickly!!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So they're only interviewing people that don't look suitable enough for the courses or if the courses are really popular? I hope the reason they've invited me isn't because of my predicted grades! Biology, Chemistry and Maths are really popular, I guess. I'm nervous now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why would LO only interview people who they are not interested in-that's a bit odd, their booklet states that they will interview everyone who meets their minimum requirements, after taking into addounnt predicted grades, exam results and school reference.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.london-oratory.org/tlos/h...?cat=6&sub=108

read paragraph three, it should clear up all the questions about interviews I'm guessing?

(Original post by Ketchup1702)
    (Original post by Kayleigh-)

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Any luck?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.