Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how many people like football in London? Watch

ReputationRep:
    is there a percentage of population?

ReputationRep:
    I would think somewhere along the lines of 75-80%. :dontknow: I hope you mean football (soccer) and not American Football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    I would think somewhere along the lines of 75-80%. :dontknow: I hope you mean football (soccer) and not American Football.
    pretty sure thats an over estimate

the overwhelming majority of women don't like football, so you can discount half of the population, and if you consider the fact that london has a particularly large diverse mix of people with many migrants who've come from places where football isn't necessarily the no.1 sport or where sport in general isn't very popular, then the figure in london who like football is probably around 30-40%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)

the overwhelming majority of women don't like football, so you can discount half of the population, and if you consider the fact that london has a particularly large diverse mix of people with many migrants who've come from places where football isn't necessarily the no.1 sport or where sport in general isn't very popular, then the figure in london who like football is probably around 30-40%
    football is big in africa but not asia

ReputationRep:

I genuinely did not count women in my estimation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    I genuinely did not count women in my estimation.
    90% then

ReputationRep:

I'd say even that's an overestimate; If the number of women who like it is extremely small, like 1%, then that means 60-80% of men do. Which seems high :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Precisely 429.4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    I'd say even that's an overestimate; If the number of women who like it is extremely small, like 1%, then that means 60-80% of men do. Which seems high :dontknow:
    what do you mean?you mean few men do?30%-40%?
    can you tell me the figure?thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lupao)
    what do you mean?you mean few men do?30%-40%?
    can you tell me the figure?thanks!
    There is no figure...

ReputationRep:
    What a silly question. Of course there is no "figure".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.