Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The majority of people dislike people like Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton for being famous for nothing, but how bad are they?

Fame is when a large enough people have an interest in you, right? If nobody cares, there's no fame, right? So are they the annoying ones for having the fame?

ReputationRep:
    Yes but not as bad as the people who take any interest in them.

ReputationRep:
    That's quite a subjective term, though; I'm sure the people who create the fame by being interested in those people wouldn't consider them "bad".

Personally I think it's stupid, but it doesn't bother me :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    You could be famous for little and still be a nice person; sadly Paris Hilton doesn't fit that criteria.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james22)
    Yes but not as bad as the people who take any interest in them.
    People who'll ask for their autographs piss me off

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, it's the people who like them that are the problem. Even though I have no particular interest in these people, hats off to them for manipulating the media and the general public and making a living out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously it doesn't make them bad people. I think wanting to be famous for the sake of it screams of low self esteem personally, I cant imagine anything worse!

ReputationRep:
    They don't really do anything harmful except maybe give other little children hope of being FFBF, but if that is their dream then that's their dream. Personally if someone gave me the opportunity to be famous I would take it, as I feel like I could be a better role model, but I would never want to be FFBF.

The only thing that annoys me is when they complain about their fame and the lack of privacy.

ReputationRep:
    People who get famous from reality shows are a lot worse, especially the ones who keep themselves in the press by doing things like getting really fat, staging a photo of them eating a cake on the beach in a bikini then a few months later "lose" all the weight and release a fitness DVD saying stuff like "I cried on the bathroom floor for a month when I saw that picture of me on the beach!" "Now I'm a size 4 and I couldn't be happier!"...2 weeks later, fat again :rolleyes: one of the annoying things I've noticed most reality show people doing a lot these days.

ReputationRep:
    I think it does make them bad people if they're milking it for the cash. Now if they became involved in some humanitarian issues and took them seriously, then I would be more willing to argue that they're using their fame-for-nothing for a good cause. But tell me, when was the last time Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian spoke out on a humanitarian issue? They avoid such issues because they worry that even the slightest politicization might turn off a potential fan, thus less money for them.

Although I do think it was hilarious when Paris came out of jail and did that interview on Larry King. She said she read the entire bible in jail, and when Larry asked what her favorite passage was, she couldn't answer :rolleyes:

Not that reading the Bible makes one a good person anyways.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.