Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, not sure if I am posting this in the right section but I figured this is the best place to ask.

I was arrested when i was 12/13 (I cant remember exactly) for graffiti and took to the police station and had fingerprints taken and all that fun stuff. Im 20 now and I would like to travel to america, and looking into it they seem pretty strict on who they let in regarding convictions.

I think I remember the police officer saying that if I stayed out of trouble for a certain amount of years (which I did!) it would be wiped off my record, now im guessing they will never wipe fingerprints off which im not too bothered about but what do I tick regarding if I have a criminal record regarding visas?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    i was told this misleading information as i was same age for my cautions. it will never be wiped off as i have read it will stay on record till 100th birthday.

i want to work in care and have applied declaring NO as i was told the exact info as you and i have been told y offences will come up and making me look dishonest, but being told to say no, which was wrong.

travelling to america ive never been out country as of yet but im sure i wont be able to go america till im 101 xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.