Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worried my circumcised bf won't feel pleasure through sex Watch

He is the first man I've been with who is circumsised, but we haven't had sex yet. I guess I'm a little worried because he get's no feelings from oral sex, which he puts down to being circumcised, so why would the feelings of a vagina be any different?

He likes me using my hand, but using that I can vary roughness and tightness and use my fingers too, so it's a lot more specific (but boring for me).

I know circumcised men must get pleasure from sex, I'm just worried about it for the reasons above. How does it provide pleasure that my mouth doesn't?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    There's an emotional difference, but how experienced is he with the various forms of partner sex?

My guess is that his preference for handjobs is more down to being used to how he's masturbated himself for the past however many years. If he's been using a (very) firm grip and moving quickly, it could take him a while to get used to the more subtle physical sensations of oral or vaginal sex.

(Original post by unprinted)
    There's an emotional difference, but how experienced is he with the various forms of partner sex?

My guess is that his preference for handjobs is more down to being used to how he's masturbated himself for the past however many years. If he's been using a (very) firm grip and moving quickly, it could take him a while to get used to the more subtle physical sensations of oral or vaginal sex.
    He's completely inexperienced in all forms, I'm the only girl he has been with, so it is all very new to him. I am aware of an emotional difference (which I have too), but he is very (and I mean VERY, to the extent we are seeing a therapist!!) scared for his first time (maybe should have mentioned he is a virgin), so I worry the emotional attachment will be lost on him. I don't want his first time to be a bit rubbish because he isn't used to the subtle physical sensations, like you have suggested. Makes perfect sense though.

ReputationRep:
    Circumcised men are a lot less sensitive down there, excepting if you give them hand jobs without lubrication (they can get sore). If he enjoys handjobs from you, he'll love a BJ or full sex .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He's completely inexperienced in all forms, I'm the only girl he has been with, so it is all very new to him. I am aware of an emotional difference (which I have too), but he is very (and I mean VERY, to the extent we are seeing a therapist!!) scared for his first time (maybe should have mentioned he is a virgin), so I worry the emotional attachment will be lost on him. I don't want his first time to be a bit rubbish because he isn't used to the subtle physical sensations, like you have suggested. Makes perfect sense though.
    I would imagine that if he is so nervous about having sex for the first time, his focus isn't going to be on the physical sensations for him, but on his anxieties, on you, on getting through the experience. First times are often a bit crap, anyway.

If he is very nervous he might find it very difficult to orgasm - or the opposite. I once had a partner who hadn't had sex in a few years and was very nervous, and he was unable to orgasm except with his hand that first time. He was also more used to the sensations of using his own hand, which does happen, and the sensations of intercourse might be something he'd need to get used to to find stimulating.

I've had circumcised partners. One of those loved receiving oral sex, another said that in the past when girls had done it for him he felt nothing, but he still enjoyed intercourse - the sensations are different. It has very little to do with circumcision and a lot to do with individual levels of sensitivity and what different people like and find arousing.

So much of sexual enjoyment is in the mind anyway, so if he finds it difficult at first, don't feel it is your fault, or think that it is always going to be bad for him. If he can get over his worries about his first time and get used to the experience, he may be able to relax and enjoy it more.

I hope the counselling you are both going for helps you to talk about it and feel comfortable about the experience when it happens

Uh-oh, the anti-circs are out, and it looks as if people are falling for their propaganda! Circumcised men are no different to non-circumcised men when it comes to sexual pleasure. He will enjoy it just the same, trust me.

hey, i got one a few months back and it can take a bit to get the hang of it but just give him some time if hes new to it?
    i find it a bit to get much feeling from oral sex from my gf but i do like it just takes a bit to get into it
    but the sex is always good:cool:

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't worry about it, I don't really get much from oral sex but it is not really a big deal, sex is so much better anyway, and I'm sure he will enjoy it and want to make sure you enjoy it just as much, so just relax and enjoy the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I'm circumcised and my advice is to make a tight vacuum ..basically we are less sensitive deffo but the best feeling way is too put the head and another inch in you mouth and suck in quite hard as you pull his penis down then meet your lips with your hand then in opposite directions and make it very wet,,trust me it will amaze him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Uh-oh, the anti-circs are out, and it looks as if people are falling for their propaganda! Circumcised men are no different to non-circumcised men when it comes to sexual pleasure. He will enjoy it just the same, trust me.
    Sorry your wring there we feel it less its a fact

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by 2inchsmile)
    Sorry your wring there we feel it less its a fact

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't you ever get frustratingly, suicidedly angry and upset that you feel less than non-circumcised men? Do you come then think, 'Oh I wish I wasn't circumcised, that would have been a whole lot better'?

ReputationRep:
    ***** please he will still get pleasure from sex

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    suck from the bottom and bite a lil.

he will feel it then. #circumcised

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.