Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Right, I really need some help as I cant decide which uni to go to for Computer Science. I applied for Brunnel, Reading, Kings College, Surrey and Royal Holloway and have now received offers from all.

    At the moment I'm thinking to go for Surrey, but I know that Kings College and Royal Holloway are also great unis.

    I've looked at several league tables to see which is the best, but each of the tables vary.

    Where do you think would be best? How do you decide which uni to go for?

    Thanks in advance!

    I don't know about Computer Science, but overall I would suggest that King's is the most prestigious of the five.

    Look at the courses in detail - does one of them stand out in terms of having more interesting modules? Does one uni have better facilities? Have you visited any of them - if so, did you get any positive/negative feelings? And where would you rather live? Which has the best campus and/or the best city/town/area to live in for years two and three?

    Also, what offers have you received - there could be some tactical decision-making to be done regarding your firm and insurance.
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.