Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have decided that Bournemouth University is my first choice. However, the course I am doing takes place at Bournemouth and Poole College so will I be able to accomodate in the main campus? And if so is the college near to the halls?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hey, this is just from what ive found on the net/here but If you can use the accommodation then there is a bus that goes between all of them on a subsidised rate. (http://www.thebusforbu.co.uk/) the best place to ask is [email protected] or call the bournemouth and poole college (01202 205205)
    Sorry this isnt any actual help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzcobain)
    Hey, this is just from what ive found on the net/here but If you can use the accommodation then there is a bus that goes between all of them on a subsidised rate. (http://www.thebusforbu.co.uk/) the best place to ask is [email protected] or call the bournemouth and poole college (01202 205205)
    Sorry this isnt any actual help
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I too will be studying in the B&P college building. What course you studying?
    I went with Dorchester House as accommodation which I am lead to believe is fairly close to it.

As already said there is a connecting bus to the different areas so if you choose landsdown (or whatever it is) campus you can always get a bus to the other campus to use the facilities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The college have a couple of different campuses as well - if you're at North Road or Constitution Hill (which I think most HE courses are) then you'll want Corfe House in Poole, if you're at the Lansdowne campus then you'll want any of the other halls - technically the closest is Purbeck House, but they're all in walking distance (Dorchester House is actually the furthest away!). The bus services that you'd use to get between the B&P college campuses is the M1/2 rather than the U1/2/3/4, but these are on the same subsidy so you'll be fine (the U buses are only for getting to the main campus).

ReputationRep:
    What accomodation is near the Talbot campus - i've got an offer for environmental science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clare~Bear)
    What accomodation is near the Talbot campus - i've got an offer for environmental science.
    The only one near that really is the Student Village. But if you're in any of the halls you'll be fine - there's a good and subsidised bus route between the Lansdowne halls and Talbot, and it's not too bad a walk either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairysdad)
    The only one near that really is the Student Village. But if you're in any of the halls you'll be fine - there's a good and subsidised bus route between the Lansdowne halls and Talbot, and it's not too bad a walk either.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairysdad)
    Looking at the addresses and google maps, isn't purbeck house and lyme regis house just round the corner from the school of environmental science?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clare~Bear)
    Looking at the addresses and google maps, isn't purbeck house and lyme regis house just round the corner from the school of environmental science?
    The School of Applied Sciences is at Talbot campus rather than Lansdowne. I've just had a look at the website as I wasn't too sure after you said that. It was only a quick look, but it does look that way I'm afraid. Not being sure of what the course entails, I can't say for certain, but you might have some lectures on both sites, but the school itself is based in Christchurch House which is at Talbot rather than Lansdowne.

However, as all the halls (other than Corfe House) are at Lansdowne, the vast majority of people will be making that journey in for lectures, plus this is where the SU club is as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.