Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i think i got more than 45 marks whats that

ReputationRep:
    Was there any integration at all ? I didn't spot any. There was one question were it gave the differentiated form of dy/dx and it said find the equation of it. Do you put it in the form of "y=......ect.." you know when you get the curve of the equation then you differentiate to get dy/dx please tell me this is right, you do the opposite don't you ? tell me if u dont understand my concern

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by man i)
    i think i got more than 45 marks whats that
    Considering most people found it easy Id say
    75(MAX) - 61(A) 55(B) 49(C) 43(D) 37(E)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannyb2012)
    Was there any integration at all ? I didn't spot any. There was one question were it gave the differentiated form of dy/dx and it said find the equation of it. Do you put it in the form of "y=......ect.." you know when you get the curve of the equation then you differentiate to get dy/dx please tell me this is right, you do the opposite don't you ? tell me if u dont understand my concern
    you integrate dy/dx and got something like 2x^5-2x^3+5x+C
    =>y=2x^5-2x^3+5x+c
    =>solve for C e.g C=-2x^5+2x^3-5x-y
    =>you should've got c=-1
    =>y=2x^5-2x^3+5x-1

(the signs might be wrong but im 100% certain of the -1 at the end)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan95)
    you integrate dy/dx and got something like 2x^5-2x^3+5x+C
    =>y=2x^5-2x^3+5x+c
    =>solve for C e.g C=-2x^5+2x^3-5x-y
    =>you should've got c=-1
    =>y=2x^5-2x^3+5x-1

(the signs might be wrong but im 100% certain of the -1 at the end)
    I did that but I didnt put C and C=-1 Woop defo got some there then huh Cus I differentiated it back and wrote "Hence, dy/dx = 10x^4 - 6x^2 + 5

ReputationRep:
    I did that but I didnt put C and C=-1 Woop defo got some there then huh Cus I differentiated it back and wrote "Hence, dy/dx = 10x^4 - 6x^2 + 5
    I'm a little bit unsure about your case mate. Here's the thing by writing y=......+C
    C=-1 you are correct and would get all 5 marks for that. Although these kind of questions have that "take the last line as the answer" so you may drop the marks if your last line isn't y=.......+c C=-1 or y=.......-1

ReputationRep:
    It was a coded intergration.
    You were given the f'(x) of a function.
    And from that we have to work out the rate of change?

Then it tells you to work out the equation of the curve.
    You intergrate it, BUT it's 5 marks so you have to work out +C by subsituating the points of P (1,4)??? Into the equation to get -1 as C

ReputationRep:
    Considering most people found it easy Id say
    75(MAX) - 61(A) 55(B) 49(C) 43(D) 37(E)
    Last year was 58 for an A.
    I think this year is 65.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sitrix)
    Last year was 58 for an A.
    I think this year is 65.
    I don't think its ever been 65.. It'll probably be 62-63 not 65

ReputationRep:
    Name:  P1020499.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  496.5 KBDid people draw this for the graph of x squared +6x+11 with vertex (3,2)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReviseLastMinute)
Size:  496.5 KBDid people draw this for the graph of x squared +6x+11 with vertex (3,2)
    Ye nice 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sitrix)
    It was a coded intergration.
    You were given the f'(x) of a function.
    And from that we have to work out the rate of change?

Then it tells you to work out the equation of the curve.
    You intergrate it, BUT it's 5 marks so you have to work out +C by subsituating the points of P (1,4)??? Into the equation to get -1 as C
    That was part 1 question wasn't it express it in form of y=mx + c i got something like y = 9x and something else, but the last bit(Part 2, 5 marker) I didn't show any working out I just put the correct answer excluding c= -1 as u say

ReputationRep:
    I'm a little bit unsure about your case mate. Here's the thing by writing y=......+C
    C=-1 you are correct and would get all 5 marks for that. Although these kind of questions have that "take the last line as the answer" so you may drop the marks if your last line isn't y=.......+c C=-1 or y=.......-1
    I didn't show any working out I just put the correct answer excluding c= -1 as u say do u think I would've still gotten some marks

ReputationRep:
    I didn't show any working out I just put the correct answer excluding c= -1 as u say do u think I would've still gotten some marks
    Hopefully if this question was excluded from 'Consider the last line their answer' then you would get all 5 marks.
    But it is highly likely that the last line will be considered your answer so if your last line isn't y=.........+c c=-1
    then you may be looking at around 3 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReviseLastMinute)
    You were just asked to draw the curve showing where the curve crossed the y axis. No need to perfect vertex.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully if this question was excluded from 'Consider the last line their answer' then you would get all 5 marks.
    But it is highly likely that the last line will be considered your answer so if your last line isn't y=.........+c c=-1
    then you may be looking at around 3 marks
    I suppose 3 is better than none, although on some past papers it says "Condone +C"

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to everyone on this forum I am now confident for the results Phew, Thanks guys
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Here are the grade boundaries for an A in AQA MPC1 (Core 1) from January 2005 to June 2012:

59 - January 2005
    61 - June 2005
    61 - January 2006
    61 - June 2006
    59 - January 2007
    60 - June 2007
    59 - January 2008
    59 - June 2008
    62 - January 2009
    63 - June 2009
    62 - January 2010
    63 - June 2010
    56 - January 2011
    62 - June 2011
    61 - January 2012
    58 - June 2012

The average for the above is 60.375.

ReputationRep:
    For 100% UMS:

75 - January 2009
    75 - June 2009
    75 - January 2010
    75 - June 2010
    70 - January 2011
    75 - June 2011
    73 - January 2012
    72 - June 2012

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got a copy of the paper?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.