Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i think i got more than 45 marks whats that

ReputationRep:
    Was there any integration at all ? I didn't spot any. There was one question were it gave the differentiated form of dy/dx and it said find the equation of it. Do you put it in the form of "y=......ect.." you know when you get the curve of the equation then you differentiate to get dy/dx please tell me this is right, you do the opposite don't you ? tell me if u dont understand my concern

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by man i)
    i think i got more than 45 marks whats that
    Considering most people found it easy Id say
    75(MAX) - 61(A) 55(B) 49(C) 43(D) 37(E)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannyb2012)
    Was there any integration at all ? I didn't spot any. There was one question were it gave the differentiated form of dy/dx and it said find the equation of it. Do you put it in the form of "y=......ect.." you know when you get the curve of the equation then you differentiate to get dy/dx please tell me this is right, you do the opposite don't you ? tell me if u dont understand my concern
    you integrate dy/dx and got something like 2x^5-2x^3+5x+C
    =>y=2x^5-2x^3+5x+c
    =>solve for C e.g C=-2x^5+2x^3-5x-y
    =>you should've got c=-1
    =>y=2x^5-2x^3+5x-1

(the signs might be wrong but im 100% certain of the -1 at the end)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan95)
    you integrate dy/dx and got something like 2x^5-2x^3+5x+C
    =>y=2x^5-2x^3+5x+c
    =>solve for C e.g C=-2x^5+2x^3-5x-y
    =>you should've got c=-1
    =>y=2x^5-2x^3+5x-1

(the signs might be wrong but im 100% certain of the -1 at the end)
    I did that but I didnt put C and C=-1 Woop defo got some there then huh Cus I differentiated it back and wrote "Hence, dy/dx = 10x^4 - 6x^2 + 5

ReputationRep:
    I did that but I didnt put C and C=-1 Woop defo got some there then huh Cus I differentiated it back and wrote "Hence, dy/dx = 10x^4 - 6x^2 + 5
    I'm a little bit unsure about your case mate. Here's the thing by writing y=......+C
    C=-1 you are correct and would get all 5 marks for that. Although these kind of questions have that "take the last line as the answer" so you may drop the marks if your last line isn't y=.......+c C=-1 or y=.......-1

ReputationRep:
    It was a coded intergration.
    You were given the f'(x) of a function.
    And from that we have to work out the rate of change?

Then it tells you to work out the equation of the curve.
    You intergrate it, BUT it's 5 marks so you have to work out +C by subsituating the points of P (1,4)??? Into the equation to get -1 as C

ReputationRep:
    Considering most people found it easy Id say
    75(MAX) - 61(A) 55(B) 49(C) 43(D) 37(E)
    Last year was 58 for an A.
    I think this year is 65.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sitrix)
    Last year was 58 for an A.
    I think this year is 65.
    I don't think its ever been 65.. It'll probably be 62-63 not 65

ReputationRep:
    Name:  P1020499.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  496.5 KBDid people draw this for the graph of x squared +6x+11 with vertex (3,2)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReviseLastMinute)
Size:  496.5 KBDid people draw this for the graph of x squared +6x+11 with vertex (3,2)
    Ye nice 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sitrix)
    It was a coded intergration.
    You were given the f'(x) of a function.
    And from that we have to work out the rate of change?

Then it tells you to work out the equation of the curve.
    You intergrate it, BUT it's 5 marks so you have to work out +C by subsituating the points of P (1,4)??? Into the equation to get -1 as C
    That was part 1 question wasn't it express it in form of y=mx + c i got something like y = 9x and something else, but the last bit(Part 2, 5 marker) I didn't show any working out I just put the correct answer excluding c= -1 as u say

ReputationRep:
    I'm a little bit unsure about your case mate. Here's the thing by writing y=......+C
    C=-1 you are correct and would get all 5 marks for that. Although these kind of questions have that "take the last line as the answer" so you may drop the marks if your last line isn't y=.......+c C=-1 or y=.......-1
    I didn't show any working out I just put the correct answer excluding c= -1 as u say do u think I would've still gotten some marks

ReputationRep:
    I didn't show any working out I just put the correct answer excluding c= -1 as u say do u think I would've still gotten some marks
    Hopefully if this question was excluded from 'Consider the last line their answer' then you would get all 5 marks.
    But it is highly likely that the last line will be considered your answer so if your last line isn't y=.........+c c=-1
    then you may be looking at around 3 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReviseLastMinute)
    You were just asked to draw the curve showing where the curve crossed the y axis. No need to perfect vertex.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully if this question was excluded from 'Consider the last line their answer' then you would get all 5 marks.
    But it is highly likely that the last line will be considered your answer so if your last line isn't y=.........+c c=-1
    then you may be looking at around 3 marks
    I suppose 3 is better than none, although on some past papers it says "Condone +C"

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to everyone on this forum I am now confident for the results Phew, Thanks guys
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Here are the grade boundaries for an A in AQA MPC1 (Core 1) from January 2005 to June 2012:

59 - January 2005
    61 - June 2005
    61 - January 2006
    61 - June 2006
    59 - January 2007
    60 - June 2007
    59 - January 2008
    59 - June 2008
    62 - January 2009
    63 - June 2009
    62 - January 2010
    63 - June 2010
    56 - January 2011
    62 - June 2011
    61 - January 2012
    58 - June 2012

The average for the above is 60.375.

ReputationRep:
    For 100% UMS:

75 - January 2009
    75 - June 2009
    75 - January 2010
    75 - June 2010
    70 - January 2011
    75 - June 2011
    73 - January 2012
    72 - June 2012

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got a copy of the paper?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 22, 2013
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.