ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for q2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How was the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferrari_1996)
    Did you complete the whole paper?
    I think so?!? This was like half way through so I must have done it.. the only transformation one I remember is with the graph with the equation y=k/x .. and it moved down...

ReputationRep:
    The exam went well generally, but I would like to know what you guys managed to get for q2, as I'm not good at differentiating fractions !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I lost so many marks on this paper. I lost 5 marks for the integration question, i lost marks where you had to give the co-ordinates of the vector (because I didn't know how to work out the co-ordinates of the vector). I lost marks on the translation question (I didn't say -3, -2, I said 6 towards the right and 11 down). I didn't even know how to prove k=-4 in the first question, I did the inequality question wrong, i didn't get 9 for the length of PQ or CP or something (I left the answer as root34 - 5). Etc etc
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sitrix)
    Yeah that question caught soo many people out!
    I was nearly caught out too, but in the last 10 minute,s I went back, read it, didn't realise it, but it went into my brain like after 2 minutes and I was like "Oh no!" and changed it just in time :P
    I was the opposite- I put down the right answer first, then thought 'that can't be right' and changed it! So annoyed with myself right now...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1234)
    The equation was x^2+6x+11.. so it's (x+3)^2+2....
    well i was fairly certain it was (x-3)^2+2 not (x+3)^2+2 but you are scaring me ...can anyone else confirm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAkash)
    well i was fairly certain it was (x-3)^2+2 not (x+3)^2+2 but you are scaring me ...can anyone else confirm?
    The equation was x^2 - 6x + 11 and completing the square gave you (x-3)^2 + 2.

ReputationRep:
    The amount of silly mistakes I made is unreal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevloui)
    The amount of silly mistakes I made is unreal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If any of u want i can post the question paper, if it is allowed. And yes i have the paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drdave)
    If any of u want i can post the question paper, if it is allowed. And yes i have the paper
    Would be great! You can send it to me in a PM?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3

ReputationRep:
    Please do.

ReputationRep:
    Heres the paper
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Heres the paper
    Aha and I thought you had the AQA paper because this is the AQA thread lol

We all did a different paper tit his :LDo you have a copy of the AQA or do you only have the OCR?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Heres the paper
    You had me in a panic then, I was just sat there thinking 'WHAT, I DON'T REMEMBER THAT QUESTION... Or that one... Or that one....' until I realised it wasn't the AQA

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Look on the bright side of life (8)!

ReputationRep:
    Heres the paper
    how did you get that paper???

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please attach/scan/upload the official AQA paper ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamyshdalek)
    There is another way to do it, it's easier
    The previous part to the question you had to find the integral which equaled to 8.

In the question about finding the area, all you need to do is the formula for area of a triangle as it clearly makes a triangular shape. So base is 1 height is 4. So 4x1 is 4 divided by 2 is 2
    All you need to do is 8-2=6

Hope this helped
    Yes that did, thank youu ^
    Late response xD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.