Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaliyah<31D)
    http://www.dchs-sixthform.org.uk/min.../ASpapers.html

found this link...Good luck!!
    OMG your a life saver been looking for the june MS 2012 for a long time....thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joahl123)
    OMG your a life saver been looking for the june MS 2012 for a long time....thankyou

haha ya welcome!! Good luck for tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    haha ya welcome!! Good luck for tomorrow
    would you happen to know how to do question 7bii on june 2012 paper.... good luck to you too btw??

ReputationRep:

Thanks very much! I'd better get on with it then.

ReputationRep:

Thanks for the link! been trying to find this

ReputationRep:
    would you happen to know how to do question 7bii on june 2012 paper.... good luck to you too btw??
    r u talking about the last question 7 marks- well on my notes it says to first find gradiant of Q(3,-1)- so subsitute x=3 into dy/dx 20x-6x^2-16. then you will get -10,

so secondly u find the gradiant of the normal so thats m1-m2=-1 therefore its 1/10. now you find the equation by using y-y1=m(x-x1)...use coordinate Q and gradiant 1/10. you will get 10y=x-13

then find tangant to the curve at P so find equation using coordinate P(2,3) and gradiant 0 to get y=3. lastly you will have y=3 and 10y=x-13 so subsitute 3 into that to find x which will be 43 so answer to that is R(43,3)

sorry if i have not explained it that well but it says on my notes

ReputationRep:
    r u talking about the last question 7 marks- well on my notes it says to first find gradiant of Q(3,-1)- so subsitute x=3 into dy/dx 20x-6x^2-16. then you will get -10,

so secondly u find the gradiant of the normal so thats m1-m2=-1 therefore its 1/10. now you find the equation by using y-y1=m(x-x1)...use coordinate Q and gradiant 1/10. you will get 10y=x-13

then find tangant to the curve at P so find equation using coordinate P(2,3) and gradiant 0 to get y=3. lastly you will have y=3 and 10y=x-13 so subsitute 3 into that to find x which will be 43 so answer to that is R(43,3)

sorry if i have not explained it that well but it says on my notes
    ahh that's perfect thanks wouldn't wouldn't happen to have your notes on question 6 cii ?

ReputationRep:
    ahh that's perfect thanks wouldn't wouldn't happen to have your notes on question 6 cii ?
    yep no problem

area 1/2x bh

PM^2= R^2 - CM^2
    25-20=5

PM=√5

A=1/2 x 2√5 x 2√5= 10 units^2

ReputationRep:
    Just completed that paper, thought it was pretty hard - got 65/75. Ran out of time too. Still it wasn't as bad as the Jan 2012 paper, I just really hope tomorrows paper will be a little more forgiving than that past few.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wizkidani)
    Ahh thanks, I worked it out before and got the right answer :3 Just got confused a little xD
    There is another way to do it, it's easier
    The previous part to the question you had to find the integral which equaled to 8.

In the question about finding the area, all you need to do is the formula for area of a triangle as it clearly makes a triangular shape. So base is 1 height is 4. So 4x1 is 4 divided by 2 is 2
    All you need to do is 8-2=6

Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    Argh am stressed about tomorrow, had the chief examiner give us a lecture last week where he basically said "yeah this exam is gonna be way harder than all the past papers you've done oh and we are going to have the grade boundaries higher than in the past, deal wid it".

ReputationRep:
    :goodluck:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling that there will be some HORRIIBLLLEEE numbers on the paper. Be prepared to Add some crazy fractions. And if the number is big. It doesn't mean it's wrong!
    Check check and check again,
    my brain is going ape right now.

Good luck to all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PieMC)
    Argh am stressed about tomorrow, had the chief examiner give us a lecture last week where he basically said "yeah this exam is gonna be way harder than all the past papers you've done oh and we are going to have the grade boundaries higher than in the past, deal wid it".
    do you go to loreto college as I went to that lecture....?

ReputationRep:
    do you go to loreto college as I went to that lecture....?
    Yep. Thought it was pretty useful but that stuff got me stressed some.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WheezyT)
    I have a feeling that there will be some HORRIIBLLLEEE numbers on the paper. Be prepared to Add some crazy fractions. And if the number is big. It doesn't mean it's wrong!
    Check check and check again,
    my brain is going ape right now.

Good luck to all
    That's what really gets me in math exams. I will be halfway through an answer and realize that one of my numbers is way too big and then start debating about whether or not to start over. I usually seem to end up losing my train of thought and having to move onto the next question...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PieMC)
    Yep. Thought it was pretty useful but that stuff got me stressed some.
    Yh same tbh I'm actually doing AS maths again but the exam was pretty hard last january managed to get a C but really hoping to get an A now so we shall see....

ReputationRep:
    Yh same tbh I'm actually doing AS maths again but the exam was pretty hard last january managed to get a C but really hoping to get an A now so we shall see....
    Yeah both those 2012 papers are way trickier than past ones and by the sounds of it this one is only going to be harder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PieMC)
    That's what really gets me in math exams. I will be halfway through an answer and realize that one of my numbers is way too big and then start debating about whether or not to start over. I usually seem to end up losing my train of thought and having to move onto the next question...
    Same here! Just dont worry. My teacher says anyquestion you dont understand scrap it and move on. Then come back to it! Just keep an eye on the time. I average around 45mins per paper. God knows what it will be with this one :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PieMC)
    Yeah both those 2012 papers are way trickier than past ones and by the sounds of it this one is only going to be harder
    its just the wording, just make sure you manipulate the question then your sorted

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.