Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't too bad, still harder than some of the earlier past papers but much easier than 2012's papers.

ReputationRep:
    It was the easiest paper I've done

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys get for the last one i got
    1/2>k>9/2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KhawlaM)
    Math C1 edexcel paper was SO hard! No one managed finishing it in our class !
    It was the HARDEST paper ever! :mad:
    glad im not the only one then =/ do you know where any threads are about the edexcel one, if everyone else found it as difficult i think that means they should lower the grade boundaries... hopefully... how much do you think itll be for an a?

ReputationRep:
    I want to cry! 😰

ReputationRep:
    WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW c1......what a haaaard paper. I cant believe it. They will defenitly lower the grade boundaries, by a lot i hope. However c2 was quite easy...
    i hate c1 2013:mad::mad::mad:

ReputationRep:
    honestly, i done every single past paper and went trough entire book. this paper was riduculously difficult.. hopefully the retake would be easier
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial mark scheme for Core 1 AQA anyone?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely destroyed this exam. Probably got 100% ish on a good day. Hopefully full UMS, anyone else find it ridiculously easy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SherlockHolmes)
    Unofficial mark scheme for Core 1 AQA anyone?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    I could probably do a full mark scheme by tonight if everyone posts the questions on here. Get posting!

ReputationRep:
    The C1 was so tough it defiantly was the hardest ever I did past papers and i would get in the 90's this one was terrible Edexel should defiantly bring the boundaries way down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Exam King)
    I could probably do a full mark scheme by tonight if everyone posts the questions on here. Get posting!
    I apologize in advance if the questions aren't in the right order

Prove that k=-4
    Find the gradient of AB
    Find midpoint of AC (can't exactly remember the letters)
    Find equation of line in form x+y+p=0

Simplify the surds
    the first answer was 2/7
    the second answer was something along the lines of 5+ root 6 (I can't exactly remember what the question asked)

The circle with centre C (3,-2) has equation x^2+y^2+6x-4y=12
    Find y-coordinates of intersection
    Find radius of circle

Point P (2,5) (I think these were the coordinates, not entirely sure)

Find the length of CP.
    I think the answer was root 34.

Find the length of some other one (can't exactly remember)

Bird flying over ground questions are below:

dy/dx = 1/2t^3-?t+? (question marks represent the numbers I can't remember)

The bird flying over the ground is decreasing, because dy/dx < 0

d2y/dx2 = 4, so the point is a maximum

Equation of a line question is below:

One of the answers which I put down was y=5x-9
    Workings out: 4=5(1)-9

Then, there was a 5 mark question which we had to use integration + c, we had to integrate dy/dx

K constant questions:

Answer to one of them was make them both equal to each other then bring it around to make it equal zero and change signs to show that an equation was equal to zero.

There's loads more questions missing here on polynomials and k constants. Could someone please finish off my questions and correct any here which need to be corrected.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is for discussion of the AQA C1 paper. Any discussion of the Edexcel C1 paper on TSR is not permitted - see the announcement.

ReputationRep:
    Why is there barely anyone going over this AQA C1 paper!

where is everyone?

desperately need to check over unofficial mark schemes - i can think of some silly mistakes ive made already

However it was an extremely easy paper compared to other C1's
    and there was no working out the area from integration, i thought i had the wrong paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Exam King)
    Absolutely destroyed this exam. Probably got 100% ish on a good day. Hopefully full UMS, anyone else find it ridiculously easy!
    Same here! Screwed up on the translation question. They were a minus and the intergration question (worked out C in my head but not written on the paper)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissGeek)

d2y/dx2 = 4, so the point is a maximum
    I'm sure I got it as a minimum point (if the second derivative is positive then it's a minimum, right?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mike256)
    I'm sure I got it as a minimum point (if the second derivative is positive then it's a minimum, right?).
    Yes. Its a minimum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmarMillion)
    1/2>k>9/2
    I got k <1\2, k <9\2 because the equation was k^2-20k+18> 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmarMillion)
    1/2>k>9/2
    Its 1/2>k and k>9/2, they can't be written as one inequality I don't think...

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for C on the integration question?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.