Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got a presentation which says analyze a teaching session that you thought was affective. Include awareness of current educational priorities and awareness of effective teaching? What does that mean exactly? (I've applied for Primary)

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    PGCE interview an education issue which is always current is assessment so bring in use of self assessment, peer assessment (look on net for assessment black box). In regards to assessing a lesson what are the questions like? Bloom's taxonomy style. Is the lesson differentiated? What resources?

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh thanks for that! That helped!! I understand it a bit more now!

ReputationRep:
    I used things like :

1. movement was key in my lesson to keep the attention of the children, and this really impressed me
    2. behaviour management- identify a problem you saw and how the teacher dealt with it?
    3. assessing learning- how did teacher ensure children were understanding the topic? I.e. I used a thumbs up/thumbs down approach
    4. how did teacher help those who were behind/SEN/required more support?
    5. how did teacher motivate/reward?

just think about a lesson which made you want to teach- and pick out the most interesting/effective bits!
    good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!!!! That has made it more clearer!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, was the interview at Bishop Grosseteste university by any chance? just I've got an interview their next week and the presentation sounds quite similar. Hope it went well.

xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.