Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This isn't too much of a personal question, more of a general inquisitive one.

If I (for example) got offers from the likes of Manchester, Durham, Nottingham, Liverpool for AAA/A*AA/whatever they require ~ would they accept A*A*B instead of AAA? Would an A*A*B candidate be held in higher regard than an AAA student?

Do they let people off with A*AB?

I'm sure this has been answered before but, as you all probably know, medicine application processes seem to be very flowing and changing every year. If anyone's applied with A*A*B, I'd be really interested to know what your experiences were with individual unis.

ReputationRep:
    If you applied with those as your predicted grades you'd get straight rejections bar BSMS, Keele and HYMS, if you got an offer of AAA or A*AA and then got those grades it would depend on the situation that the med school is in, if they were short a few people then you might be able to get the place with a few phone calls, if they were correctly or oversubscribed then you would be rejected.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamskiUK)
    This isn't too much of a personal question, more of a general inquisitive one.

If I (for example) got offers from the likes of Manchester, Durham, Nottingham, Liverpool for AAA/A*AA/whatever they require ~ would they accept A*A*B instead of AAA? Would an A*A*B candidate be held in higher regard than an AAA student?

Do they let people off with A*AB?

I'm sure this has been answered before but, as you all probably know, medicine application processes seem to be very flowing and changing every year. If anyone's applied with A*A*B, I'd be really interested to know what your experiences were with individual unis.

as far as I know keele accept A*AB the rest you have to have AAA minimum in all three subjects, however on results day you could phone and find out and if you scored highly at an interview they make an except and demanding on what your A*s are in and if you have circumstances or not

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.