Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Was allocated to St Aidan's a couple of weeks ago... Anyone know anything about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felbss_x)
    Was allocated to St Aidan's a couple of weeks ago... Anyone know anything about it?
    Erm, there's lots of information available!

It's big, new (i.e. actually nice rooms), lively, catered, viewtiful, doesn't have the greatest bar, but makes up for it with events, has a library, has a nice lawn area in the middle of the buildings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awoodrow2)
    Erm, there's lots of information available!

It's big, new (i.e. actually nice rooms), lively, catered, viewtiful, doesn't have the greatest bar, but makes up for it with events, has a library, has a nice lawn area in the middle of the buildings.
    Sure, there's lots of info, but most of it is pretty positive, having been written by the college itself - I was just wanting to know what the key downsides are.

But thank you, it doesn't sound too bad

ReputationRep:
    Sure, there's lots of info, but most of it is pretty positive, having been written by the college itself - I was just wanting to know what the key downsides are.

But thank you, it doesn't sound too bad
    The only downsides of it I can really think of, is that it really sucks if you end up with a room at the far end of C Curve, because it's a ridiculously long corridor!

ReputationRep:
    Bear in mind that it's not at all formal, it's very occasional formals are nearly all fancy dress and the bar is mediocre at best, though it's a lot nicer now it's been refurbished. It's also up a lot of steps, but this just means you get great views. Also bear in mind that if you get a shared room you share for the whole year unless you arrange a swap (for example, a friend of mine shared for the first 2 terms but for the 3rd term swapped with one of her roommate's good friends who had been in a single room).

Otherwise accomodation is generally fairly good and there seems to be a good friendly atmosphere there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-girl)
    Bear in mind that it's not at all formal, it's very occasional formals are nearly all fancy dress and the bar is mediocre at best, though it's a lot nicer now it's been refurbished. It's also up a lot of steps, but this just means you get great views. Also bear in mind that if you get a shared room you share for the whole year unless you arrange a swap (for example, a friend of mine shared for the first 2 terms but for the 3rd term swapped with one of her roommate's good friends who had been in a single room).

Otherwise accomodation is generally fairly good and there seems to be a good friendly atmosphere there.
    (Original post by Awoodrow2)
    The only downsides of it I can really think of, is that it really sucks if you end up with a room at the far end of C Curve, because it's a ridiculously long corridor!
    .... sounds like I'll be getting pretty physically fit at Aidan's then! but yes one thing that seems to be a recurring theme when talking about Aidan's is that it has a friendly atmosphere.
    Thanks for the help guys

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am a student at Durham Uni now!
    Is anyone coming early to the University before Oct 2013 and requires accommodation?
    I know that some people are coming for pre-sessional courses! Staying with the university is expensive and the colleges that are open are those furthest from town!
    If anyone is interested I have a room for rent for 3 months from the beginning of July till the end of September 2013.
    If you are undecided between college or living out this is an opportunity to try to live out.
    It is a really nice spacious place with a double bed which is at a convenient location in Durham, near school and near town.
    If you are interested do drop me a private message

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how strict Durham are on near-miss applicants for Modern Languages?
    The offers are AAA this year for the more competitive ones, and I was wondering if they ever let in language applicants who fall slightly short of their offer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caits7)
    Does anyone know how strict Durham are on near-miss applicants for Modern Languages?
    The offers are AAA this year for the more competitive ones, and I was wondering if they ever let in language applicants who fall slightly short of their offer...
    I would also like to know this, but for IB points... My exams are soon, and I'm a bit worries I may not get the grades :/ I think they are a bit more lenient for IB than A Levels, but that'd only what I've heard... Does anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.