Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pinsent Masons School Work Experience 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SixteenHundred)
    I just got offered a place too. So I assume the fact that it doesn't specify the location means it's the first choice city?
    (Original post by memszie)
    got offered a place
    Congrats What are your dates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PardonMyFrench96)
    omg guys!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! I came on here and was getting worried and staright up thought i was rejected beacuase i had checked my email a few hours ago for something else, anyway, i can't believe i got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else at bham?
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Congrats What are your dates?
    Congrats all. Could be TSR's academic skew, but looking at the past threads, it seems there's always quite a few from here.

I'm B'ham, week beginning October 21st.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats all. Could be TSR's academic skew, but looking at the past threads, it seems there's always quite a few from here.

Ah, just noticed you're gap-yearring 13-14. Mine's B'ham too, but beginning August 5

ReputationRep:

I'm the week after you. Damn, I wanted your week too. Anyhoo, let me know how it goes? :-)

ReputationRep:
    Ah, just noticed you're gap-yearring 13-14. Mine's B'ham too, but beginning August 5
    Yeah, so it works pretty well for me. Are you as well? I wanted your week actually, but I suppose as I said I was taking a gap year on my application they drew their own conclusions about availability! It's actually better in October now that I've gone over the dates again. It'll take my mind off the post-UCAS wait!

I'm the week after you. Damn, I wanted your week too. Anyhoo, let me know how it goes? :-)
    Sorry! Yep, will do!

I'm actually more relieved than anything that I didn't fill in that huge form for nothing!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, so it works pretty well for me. Are you as well? I wanted your week actually, but I suppose as I said I was taking a gap year on my application they drew their own conclusions about availability! It's actually better in October now that I've gone over the dates again. It'll take my mind off the post-UCAS wait!
    Ah, gutted that you couldn't come with I am, from 12-13 Oh yeah, UCAS is a nightmareeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I have also been accepted onto the scheme!

I just got offered a place too. So I assume the fact that it doesn't specify the location means it's the first choice city?
    I was also wondering this too, do you need to contact them to find out what offices you are going to or just assume that you are getting your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke of Winnipeg)
    Hey everyone, I have also been accepted onto the scheme!

I was also wondering this too, do you need to contact them to find out what offices you are going to or just assume that you are getting your first choice?
    Awesome, congrats If they haven't specified that your location preference has changed, then assume you're going with your first choice.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, congrats If they haven't specified that your location preference has changed, then assume you're going with your first choice.
    Thanks, and same to you! Awesome, so anyone else going to the Edinburgh offices?

ReputationRep:
    doe they expect us to reply to confirm or anything?

ReputationRep:

Hey, i got a place on the programme too! Same office and date too, look forward to meeting you!

ReputationRep:
    doe they expect us to reply to confirm or anything?
    Nope, don't think so.

(Original post by Hero-H)
    Hey, i got a place on the programme too! Same office and date too, look forward to meeting you!
    Well done and same to you!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god I need to hear back sooon
    Applied for the London one

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone here who has received one in the summer (ie 29th July week or 5th August if I'm correct?), and they would like one in the October half term instead? It begins 28th October and is in birmingham.

I can no longer do the 28th and I would not like to give up this opportunity so if anyone would be willing to do a swap, please PM me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tweetyxo)
    Is there anyone here who has received one in the summer (ie 29th July week or 5th August if I'm correct?), and they would like one in the October half term instead? It begins 28th October and is in birmingham.

I can no longer do the 28th and I would not like to give up this opportunity so if anyone would be willing to do a swap, please PM me!
    Ah that's unfortunate. I'd like to swap my one for Aug 5 but for about a week or two later. Not October

ReputationRep:
    Ah that's unfortunate. I'd like to swap my one for Aug 5 but for about a week or two later. Not October

Nope, don't think so.

So, I'm getting a little anxious. Like, do we just wait now? They haven't sent anything at all since the confirmation email. :-/

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm getting a little anxious. Like, do we just wait now? They haven't sent anything at all since the confirmation email. :-/
    If you've rang to confirm then I think it's just waiting now!

ReputationRep:
    if you've rang to confirm then i think it's just waiting now!
    omg i didn't ring they didn't say anything about ringing. **** ****. Do i not have a place now?!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:

Nope, don't think so.

Would having to miss a week of school warrant asking for a change of date to the week earlier? It is spposed to be scheduled to be in the half-term hols, but I don't know if I'm being picky.

ReputationRep:
    Would having to miss a week of school warrant asking for a change of date to the week earlier? It is spposed to be scheduled to be in the half-term hols, but I don't know if I'm being picky.
    I emailed them recently inquiring about changing dates, but they stated quite clearly that it's non-negotiable.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.