Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I'm a third year humanities student, and I'm hoping to apply for my NCTJ course after uni finished (2014 as I do a placement year). I want to do a fast-track course, and I don't want to do a masters which includes accreditation.
    What I'm struggling to work out is which is actually the most highly regarded course. As I understand it, I could study at a private college (like Press Associates), where the course will cost around £4000, or at a FE college (like Lambeth) where it will cost around £1000. As a Londoner, Lambeth (rated 2nd of FE colleges) is appealing to me, but I wonder if anyone can tell me anything more about the differences or respect given to the courses?

At the moment my top courses (in no particular order) are:
    Press Association training - London/Newcastle
    News Associates - London/Manchester
    Highbury College - Portsmouth (I understand this to be a good one??)
    Lambeth College - London

If anyone could help I'd be really really grateful. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Same position as you !
    I'm leaning towards press association as I have heard good things

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into my second year at Bournemouth, it's NCTJ accredited (it does the NCTJ degree) and it also does a broadcasting qualification on top of your degree

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I believe the Masters at University Of Ulster, Coleraine is the top rated post-graduate degree in the UK for Journalism but you might not want to come across to NI

ReputationRep:
    What are the postgrad NCTJ MAs at Sheffield and Cardiff like?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 1, 2013

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.