Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I will be doing the OCR Chemistry Salters B A2 F334 module in this January and I noticed that there are some minor changes to the syllabus in previous years. They seem to have removed topics on equilibrium constant and RNA which you can still find in the revision guide.

Does anyone happen to be doing the same module and know anything about this?

Thanks.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josephtsui)
    I will be doing the OCR Chemistry Salters B A2 F334 module in this January and I noticed that there are some minor changes to the syllabus in previous years. They seem to have removed topics on equilibrium constant and RNA which you can still find in the revision guide.

Does anyone happen to be doing the same module and know anything about this?

Thanks.
    The equilibrium constant is no longer required according to the specification, and I believe that the only knowledge of RNA needed is related to mRNA/tRNA's function and the bases of RNA, using the diagram at the front of the data book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harantony)
    The equilibrium constant is no longer required according to the specification, and I believe that the only knowledge of RNA needed is related to mRNA/tRNA's function and the bases of RNA, using the diagram at the front of the data book.
    What!? Do you know when the spec changed as we spent ages on equilibrium constant in class

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing it was 2010, i have seen any questions on equilibrium constant in the past papers from 2010 onwards
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice321)
    What!? Do you know when the spec changed as we spent ages on equilibrium constant in class
    No, sorry, but I just know it's not on the current one

ReputationRep:
    low or high grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    high, nothing was too testing !

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was quite challenging... Nothing mega hard, but really I wouldn't be surprised if the boundaries were quite low. For a start, there were loads of high mark questions which are easier to lose marks on...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.