Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worried I'm preg Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Been on the pill taken it correctly for months always have my breakthrough bleeds, swapped to the pill injection whilst I had 3 pills left in my pack nurse told me to take the 3 pills left aswell and then have my breakthrough bleed and then carry on with the injection from there.. Havn't had my breakthrough bleed been way over a week has the injection stopped it or am I preg? 😥

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    take a pregnancy test, no one here is going to know.

ReputationRep:
    Its most likely the injection has stopped it, but take a test to ease your mind.

ReputationRep:
    Taking a test is the only way to stop you worrying. I'm on the pill, but I've still been there, done that, got the t-shirt! Most most MOST likely though, it'll be negative. The pill is recorded as 99%+ effective when taken regularly. The minor 'chance of failure' that's less than 1% has to be taken into account in case the company made a one-off mistake e.g. put a dodgy pill in the pack - they have to cover themselves in that way.
    Biologically, due to a very complex combination of hormones that I won't bore you with, it is actually IMPOSSIBLE to become pregnant if the pill is taken correctly, no matter how many scare stories of 'I got pregnant on the pill' you hear. They missed a pill, they were sick, had the runs, had antibiotics etc etc etc. Please don't worry

Best of luck! x

Source of this information: My dubious AS level biology knowledge, backed up and confirmed by my much better informed GP

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.