Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi all,

    I am currently in my second year at uni in Manchester, however I cannot continue my studies here due to illness and the fact that my course is dreadful (illness as a result of dreadful stressful course).

    So I am looking to transfer unis and have no idea how to go about doing so. I'm going to meet the programme leader at Bath Spa of the course I want to go to next week to discuss. I'll probably have to start second year over again in September, but I don't know things like: will my fees be higher now despite getting into Manchester before the fees rose?
    Will I be better off changing and doing well in a course that works for me or should I just stick out the one that I'm on? I've spent an awful lot of money already being at uni, so if I make the wrong choice it will be an expensive mistake!
    Also, there doesn't seem to be a national helpline for universities in the UK, just individual uni ones and mine is UNhelpful to say the least. Does anyone know of any?

    Thanks for your patience
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.