The Student Room Group

love is not real, if you think about it

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nemogirl
i don't want to go anon, otherwise i would be classed as a wimp

I know lots of people are going to disagree with me, but let me know if I make sense

for example,

girl meets guy and they have a happy relationship
but something bad happens, so they break up
now they would move on and date lots people until they meet the "one" and get married and settle in
but unfortunately they might a divorce, so they'll date other people

you see, when you go out with someone you'll love them but if you break up and move on

then have a new bf/gf you'll love them as well

love shouldn't get passed on like that, it should only be with one person
so love is not real

like if i have a boyfriend, i won't stop thinking how many girls he's been with and claimed to have that "true love" with them

am i making sense?

lol :redface:

No. This is wrong. Love is real. Trust me, when you see someone, and you think, Jesus Chroist (in a farmer's accent) and all you can think of is this person, and how perfect they are, and everything else is just surreal.

That's frickin' love.
I see exactly where you are coming from and to an extent I agree. But I believe this is because people get love and lust confused certainly if you spend alot of tiem with one person you feel attracted to them and happy when your with them then its easy to believe you are in love I did this with my ex I believed I loved him because I felt this overwhelming feeling of affection and care towards him. When he left i thought id never love anybody again as i believed you could only love one person but when i got with my now boyfriend i have fallen in love with him but this time its stronger than it was with my ex.

I think the word love it chucked around to much ive had friends tell their boyfriends they love them after only being together a month I had a 'boyfriend' when i was 15 who said he loved me of course he didnt. Sometimes i feel that people think they should be saying it or by saying i love you it solves any issues in their relationship.

HOwever after falling in love with two people I do believe in the one but I believe that there are many 'ones' there isisnt just a one singular person for everybody but a few people this is not saying date loads of people and claim you love them, but that somebody who marries at say 20 and meets the one and spends 40 years together if say that partner died and the one behind then meets somebody else it doesnt mean this new person cant be the one or that the ex partner wasnt the one
You keep saying "the one", what does that mean? Unless you believe in illogical nonsense like soul mates, you can't possibly think theres a singular person out there for you, or 99.999% of people would never meet someone they love. As long as you are both happy, why does it matter how many alternative partners there are you could be happy with?
Reply 63
Original post by MoonsLoveChild
I see your point and I too have had these fears and reservations about love, but love comes in so many different forms just like happiness and sadness and there is no reason you can't love someone else in a different way.
Also as you get older you change what you love,when I was about 10 or younger I loved S-club 7 but now I have moved on, doesn't mean the love I felt for them wasn't real.[\B]

Ha, love this analogy.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 64
Love is just a series of biochemical interactions.
Reply 65
Original post by dgeorge
I'm amused by the fact that YOU misinterpreted me due to your own biases, but are trying to make it look like something on my part.

I may have been overly harsh, but that doesn't take away from the fact that you were in such a rush to criticise me that you didn't even bother to *properly* read what I said.

I really wasn't. True I misread what you wrote, but your reaction was ridiculous and that's why I responded to it.

I know lots of people are going to disagree with me, but let me know if I make sense

for example,

now they would move on and date lots people until they meet the "one" and get married and settle in

you see, when you go out with someone you'll love them but if you break up and move on

so love is not real

like if i have a boyfriend, i won't stop thinking how many girls he's been with and claimed to have that "true love" with them

am i making sense?

No. What you are saying doesn't make any sense at all.

Love is a state of being. People change. Its therefore possible to be truly in love with someone, then both of you change until you are not in love anymore.

I agree a lot of children / teenagers think they are in love when they are actually just infatuated, but when you meet someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with, and its completely mutual, you will know that "love isn't real" is bull****.

Not saying everyone finds true love though, they dont.
Disagree, people think this because everyone rushes to quick into a relationship when it was meant to **** up.
Reply 68
Original post by PlanetTea
I really wasn't. True I misread what you wrote, but your reaction was ridiculous and that's why I responded to it.

Maybe if you had actually read what I had said, instead of jumping on my back, then i wouldn't have had a reaction at all?
Reply 69
Courtesy of John Lennon:

Reply 70
Original post by dgeorge
Maybe if you had actually read what I had said, instead of jumping on my back, then i wouldn't have had a reaction at all?

Hardly! Its not as though I jumped down your throat. If you'd responded with more grace then I would have happily apologised but instead you behaved like a child. End of.

for example,

so love is not real

am i making sense?

Love comes in many different forms. I do believe there are lots of people we could learn to love in life. Because love is about taking on board someone's imperfections and liking them and growing with a person. To think you could only ever love one person isn't right, I think

However I do believe you could meet someone who no one else you meet will compare to...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending