Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lol, better than $9...

IM going to crawl back to my lair now.. Goodnight.

Iluvatar, your names from LOTR right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayrosser2004)
    this is a new one. what is your favourite band???????????????????????????? ?????????????????????
    busted
    darkness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Iluvatar, your names from LOTR right?
    Yep!!!
    Your about the third person ever who i didn't have to explain it too.
    And you spelt it right as well!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    grr.... sorry, i couldn't let two people say radiohead without getting totally irate and over the top annoyed by it.

Before i go off the deep end with it, i'll just say that Radiohead are just about the worst band ever who concider themselves as making serious music.
    lol whats so bad about them then i admit kid a and amnesiac are an acquired taste, but the other albums are all perfectly acceptable as "serious music" as you put it.

ReputationRep:
    grr.... sorry, i couldn't let two people say radiohead without getting totally irate and over the top annoyed by it.

Before i go off the deep end with it, i'll just say that Radiohead are just about the worst band ever who concider themselves as making serious music.
    What is 'serious' music?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, im a fan,
    ok im going to sleep now, see you guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    lol whats so bad about them then i admit kid a and amnesiac are an acquired taste, but the other albums are all perfectly acceptable as "serious music" as you put it.
    Please. don't ask. Or i'll go into my "I hate Radiohead" rant.
    I just think that everything that i've heard of them is absolutely awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    What is 'serious' music?
    Music that is meant to be taken seriously.
    Examples of non-serious music are The Cheeky Girls, Fast Food Rockers, Westlife ( ) etc.

ReputationRep:
    Please. don't ask. Or i'll go into my "I hate Radiohead" rant.
    I just think that everything that i've heard of them is absolutely awful.
    what have you heard i used to think radiohead were all shite and depressing but id not really heard much of them. after actually listening to a few albums i love em :P thom yorke is a genius!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    after actually listening to a few albums i love em :P thom yorke is a genius!
    Exactly. Musically immature people cannot recognise the genius of Thom Yorke and Radiohead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    what have you heard i used to think radiohead were all shite and depressing but id not really heard much of them. after actually listening to a few albums i love em :P thom yorke is a genius!
    Well, Kid A, Hail to the thief, O.K. computer, and I might be wrong (live album).
    Lots of people like them, and i made a real effort to find out why, but i can't see any reason for it whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Placebo (the one with nancy boy on it)
    hmmm, the second one is better ("without you i'am nothing")

best band? hmmm...can't say for definite cus it always changes

listening to Oasis's "Be Here Now" album on the way home, if they play glastonbury (they are strongly rumoured to be) and the opening riff's of My big mouth start i will go beserk lol

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. Musically immature people cannot recognise the genius of Thom Yorke and Radiohead
    Ha!
    I've got more mature tastes of music than radiohead, thats for sure!

ReputationRep:
    think i fell in love with The Bends first then the others just grew on me fair enough if you dont like them down to taste innit, but i wont have you saying they're they "worst band ever making serious music"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    think i fell in love with The Bends first then the others just grew on me fair enough if you dont like them down to taste innit, but i wont have you saying they're they "worst band ever making serious music"
    Well thats your opinion, and i respect that.
    But i cannot honestly recall a band who i've heard that have been so consistantly poor throughout.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by MattG)
    hmmm, the second one is better ("without you i'am nothing")

best band? hmmm...can't say for definite cus it always changes

listening to Oasis's "Be Here Now" album on the way home, if they play glastonbury (they are strongly rumoured to be) and the opening riff's of My big mouth start i will go beserk lol
    I was just so disappointed after seeing them live

I hope to god Oasis don't play glastonbury this year even though I quite like asis as a band the fans they will attract worry me...it was bad enough last year with Radiohead (I watched in disbelief as people wearing Radiohead t shirts started setting up camp on saturday afternoon and left first thing on sunday morning - a 5+ day festival and they pay over £100 each to see a single band :confused: )...and the Pyramid field yobs are increasing in numbers each year...it breaks my heart

ReputationRep:
    Ha!
    I've got more mature tastes of music than radiohead, thats for sure!
    Anything specific?

ReputationRep:
    Anything specific?
    Well, i'm a big fan of Dashboard Confessionals right now, but not much else specific.
    Alot of powerful, almost orchestral stuff sometimes.
    Something along the lines of Evanescence (although less rocky).
    Basically anything thats really good and powerful.
    Whether its overtly or subvertly powerful, as long as its got that special factor to it.

ReputationRep:
    oh and van halen are class too eddie is god

ReputationRep:
    I've never even heard of the Dashboard Confessionals, but they sound quite serious Are they an NME type band, because i'm losing favour with anything they like. I think Evanescence are really awful, part of this new american shouty rock, but you don't seem to like them too much either, so I have to congratulate you

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.