favourite band Watch

This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
I've never even heard of the Dashboard Confessionals, but they sound quite serious Are they an NME type band, because i'm losing favour with anything they like. I think Evanescence are really awful, part of this new american shouty rock, but you don't seem to like them too much either, so I have to congratulate you
You haven't? Then i pity you.
I wouldn't say it was an NME type band, although i don't know too much about NME (through choice, i may add), and the last time i bought it was for a CD it had on there (which was pretty average, but had a couple of tracks i like).
I can never put music in boxes myself. They are serious, although they are quite upbeat in their music.
Not in a pop kind of way, but... they are sort of depressing and upbeat at the same time.
Its wierd.
Haven't you heard My Immortal?
How, by anyone's standards, is that shouty rock?
And most of their album isn't shouty rock either.
I wasn't a fan of Wake me up, but some of their tracks are really good.
Bhaal85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
I wouldn't say it was an NME type band, although i don't know too much about NME (through choice, i may add), and the last time i bought it was for a CD it had on there (which was pretty average, but had a couple of tracks i like).
I can never put music in boxes myself. They are serious, although they are quite upbeat in their music.
Not in a pop kind of way, but... they are sort of depressing and upbeat at the same time.
Its wierd.
Everybody's fool
Going Under
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Its wierd.
ive got the album and their songs are all very samey, that rocky style or the piano ballad type. they're ok, but i dont think they have much longevity in them
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
At the moment Brand New or Funeral For A Friend, overally probably Foo Fighters, not including any bands that have split up.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
ive got the album and their songs are all very samey, that rocky style or the piano ballad type. they're ok, but i dont think they have much longevity in them
Well, i like them. But thats just the sort of thing i like.
And whether they have longevity or not doesn't matter.
My music tastes aren't that fickle.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, i'm a big fan of Dashboard Confessionals right now, but not much else specific.
Alot of powerful, almost orchestral stuff sometimes.
Something along the lines of Evanescence (although less rocky).
Basically anything thats really good and powerful.
Whether its overtly or subvertly powerful, as long as its got that special factor to it.
I would give break this to you nicer, but you like Evanescence, you don't deserve it :P. It's Dashboard Confessional, not ConfessionalS!!! They're crap anyway, so I don't care that much, but still, thought you should know. Also Evanscence are crap. Just another pop-rock band. Thank God nu-metal is finally crawling to its death.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
I would give break this to you nicer, but you like Evanescence, you don't deserve it :P. It's Dashboard Confessional, not ConfessionalS!!! They're crap anyway, so I don't care that much, but still, thought you should know. Also Evanscence are crap. Just another pop-rock band. Thank God nu-metal is finally crawling to its death.
Yeah, i know.
I seem to make that mistake quite a bit, and i don't know why.
Evanescence aren't nu-metal. At least, the stuff that they do that i like isn't.
And the new album's going to draw away from that further apparently.
I would say that you've got a decent taste in music. Brand New, and Funeral for a Friend are good, and although the Foo's are over rated, i can see where your coming from.
But, dismissing Dashboard Confessional as crap is unforgivable.
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
says the man oblivious to radiohead's genius :P
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, i know.
I seem to make that mistake quite a bit, and i don't know why.
Evanescence aren't nu-metal. At least, the stuff that they do that i like isn't.
And the new album's going to draw away from that further apparently.
I would say that you've got a decent taste in music. Brand New, and Funeral for a Friend are good, and although the Foo's are over rated, i can see where your coming from.
Ok, I take back calling Dashboard crap, they're not as bad as Eva. But MTV2 alwqays used to play Dashboard and Brand New at the same time, and since BN are on another level, by opinion of Dashboard was lowered. Conclusion: Dashboard = worse, pop version of BN
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
Yup, I'm just listening to OK Computer at the mo.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)

I get the point.
But, i have listened to quite a few Radiohead albums, and i've given them more than a fair chance to impress me.
But they haven't.

But i would assume, and please correct me if i'm wrong, that Zapsta hasn't heard a single Dashboard Confessional album, from the way that he/she (not sure which), doesn't have any more of an opinion than they are crap.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Ok, I take back calling Dashboard crap, they're not as bad as Eva. But MTV2 alwqays used to play Dashboard and Brand New at the same time, and since BN are on another level, by opinion of Dashboard was lowered. Conclusion: Dashboard = worse, pop version of BN
Brand New are reasonably good, i agree, but Dashboard Confessional are simply a million times better.
vertago
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
brand new is quite good...at least sic transit gloria is! i still think MUSE is better tho
Baron
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i really like finch, they are my fav band at the moment
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vertago)
brand new is quite good...at least sic transit gloria is! i still think MUSE is better tho
"Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades" is one of the worst tracks on the album. So go and buy it! Tis called Deja Entendu. And BN are better than Dashboard because they are more original, have a harder edge to them, haven't sold out, etc, etc, etc.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Baron)
i really like finch, they are my fav band at the moment
Finch . What It Is To Burn = classic (not A classic, just classic).
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
Good point . "Fake Plastic Trees" makes me cry... sigh.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I am not sure what my favourite band is but probably either:

Joy Divsion, The Bee Gee's, Simon and Garfunkel and Blondie. I am going through a dramatic change in taste of music lately though.
Anarchy Heaven
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Muse, Rage against the machine, Drowning pool,Anti-Flag, Black Flag, Staind, Stone sour, the list goes on and on *OH and Offspring*
What's Chico Time Precious?
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Some of my favourite bands i like to listen to are, in no order:
The Beatles
Moody Blues
Oasis
Coldplay
Libertines
Muse
Jimi Hendrix Experience
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (166)
18.57%
No (543)
60.74%
Not really bothered about them (185)
20.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise