The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Relieved that it's over, I actually found most of it ok! I probably dropped a few marks for maybe not being specific enough for a few things, but I answered everything and don't think I messed up any major marks up. The 6 mark question was actually fairly simple, though I could have wrote more! The space was small because of so much description at the top, but the main points were highlighted so maybe I did ok. And that one about the creation of the universe, I kept repeating the same thing again and again...

The weirdest question was the refraction one. I don't think it's just me (at my school anyway), but did you basically have to copy what was there already? Because it said everything was set up in exactly the same way...

How did everyone else find it?
Well, all in all it went good. Bit bummed as i spotted an error on the first page
and was too late to edit and correct it but overall it went more better than i thought.
Reply 22
i found it alright, the 6 mark question was pretty simple i could have wrote more but i ran out of space, the equations were the easiest part of the exam. I didn't find anything really hard but some questions did annoy me like the one on refraction and the one about those water bottles acting as light bulbs but i did give a reasonable answer, well i think it was. Overall i think i did good. :smile:
Reply 23
I think the exam went pretty good:smile:
The 6 mark question wasnt too hard because i made myself learn the adv. and disadv. properly xD
And yeah i think that the refraction diagram is basically the same for both. I hope i was able to get either A/A*!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
How much do you think it will be for a B, A and A*???
Reply 25
I think that for a B you'll need 42, maybe for an A you'll need 48 and for an A* its possibly 54. I really dont know but these are the general figures:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
couldnt finish the paper did not have enough time,did not do the last 4 mark question and one of the 3 marks but instead of that the exam was alright. what was the ethical question about??
Anyone have the unofficial mark scheme please??
Reply 27
how was it?!
Reply 28
What did anyone put for the efficiency of the car engine where you had to circle the answer?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Pizza66
I think that for a B you'll need 42, maybe for an A you'll need 48 and for an A* its possibly 54. I really dont know but these are the general figures:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No way. If those are the actual values I'll cry myself to sleep.
Reply 30
Original post by theezacattac21
No way. If those are the actual values I'll cry myself to sleep.

They won't be. I believe it was 44/60 for an A* in June, so it wouldn't go up that high...

They might increase them by one or two for each grade, but I doubt it'll be too drastic. In some cases the grade boundaries are relatively low (if you look at June), but they're marking them very harshly and the questions are longer and more specific than with the old spec.
Oh my, I swear, if those are the grade boundaries... I don't even know what I'll do. I did a physics mock where the boundary for an A* was 37?

plus, I was really nervous at the beginning of the test and I slipped up in some stupid places... I put the definition of SHC for U-Values. which was unbelievably stupid. I was a bit annoyed because it felt like some of the exam questions were a little of of context. I couldn't even understand what one of them was asking me to do.

lol, well there's nothing I can do now... just gonna have to revise for B2 and P2
Reply 32
overall didn't think the test was absolutely awful! thinking around 42-45 for an a*:smile:
What did everyone put for ethics question??
Reply 34
Original post by JediMaster1997
made up something about undeveloped countries not having resources, what did you put?!
Original post by Iain_F
What did anyone put for the efficiency of the car engine where you had to circle the answer?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I put that the efficiency stays the same because it was talking about weatehr which is unpredicatble!
Reply 36

Original post by resit
made up something about undeveloped countries not having resources, what did you put?!

I put similar to that to that there may be a debate regarding if developed countries should have resources over developing countries and which should have priority over what. I was slightly unsure though...
Original post by resit

I put something about an uneven distribution of energy resources - more in developed than developing countries or something.. I made it up
Does anyone remember what they put for the question on U-values where you were asked to compare the wall with the double-glazed door or something?
Does anyone remember what they put for the question on U-values where you were asked to compare the wall with the double-glazed door or something?

that was strange because the u values for double glazing were higher meaning more energy transfer took place...what did you put?

Latest

Trending

Trending