Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Physics P1 - 17th January 2013 (GCSE) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infamous123)
    How many questions did you have to put units in? I know there's the question were you have to put the units for frequency, but was there any more? Because I forgot to put any units :s
    yeh tht was the only one that i can remember. i think the question about specific heat capacity were you had to find the energy transferred i think you had to write J at the end for joules. Im not particularly sure about it

ReputationRep:
    oh that's good! Can't believe I forgot that! But know I know for P2 on the 25th not to forget units! Lesson learnt.
    you shouldn't worry much as long as you get the answer and working out right, you'll get most of the marks.

ReputationRep:
    when will the official mark scheme and grade boundaries come out??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abd190)
    when will the official mark scheme and grade boundaries come out??
    A while, if anything you should buy asking for an unoffical mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    wait?! Did you have to put the units for the specific heat capacity question...?

ReputationRep:
    wait?! Did you have to put the units for the specific heat capacity question...?
    it gave you the specific heat capacity the mass and the temperature change you had to find the energy transferred which is measured in J (Joules)

Anyone have the unofficial mark scheme?!? Either me or my friend lost a bunch of valuable marks and we're not sure who got the answer right...

ReputationRep:
      it gave the unit for the specific heat capacity question

ReputationRep:
      How many marks was the glass door one

ReputationRep:
      for the question where it asked which electromagnetic wave has the shortest wavelength is putting just 'Gamma' ok?

ReputationRep:
      for the question where it asked which electromagnetic wave has the shortest wavelength is putting just 'Gamma' ok?
      Yes, why wouldn't it?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
      because I don't think I put Gamma rays, but just 'Gamma'. Hopefully that's still write though..

ReputationRep:
      Also for the question which showed the diagram of particles leaving the liquid, I put 'the water particles are leaving the surface of the liquid', is that right..? it was a 1 mark question; just before the last question.

ReputationRep:
      I put the particles on the surface have enough energy to leave the surface of the liquid

ReputationRep:
      Does anyone remember the actual question for the evaporation one??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Pizza66)
      Does anyone remember the actual question for the evaporation one??

Posted from TSR Mobile
      I think it was 'explain how this diagram shows evaporation'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Something along the lines of/ using this diagram, explain how you know evaporation is taking place...????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Thaaank You! I said something like 'when the more energetic particles leave, they take the energy with them and the average kinetic energy decreases which causesa decrease in the temperature. Which is why the water goes cold". Is any of that right??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      yep that's what I did.

ReputationRep:
      Hats explaining evaporation, not how the diagram shows it.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.