Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    https://hwuvisit22march-esm.eventbrite.com/?rank=3 that's for the 22nd but there's other dates too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jdowie)
    https://hwuvisit22march-esm.eventbrite.com/?rank=3 that's for the 22nd but there's other dates too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Welcome when you planning on going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jdowie)
    Welcome when you planning on going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The one on the 12th april, since it's in the easter holidays and I can get a lift take it you're going there on the 22nd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifeer11)
    The one on the 12th april, since it's in the easter holidays and I can get a lift take it you're going there on the 22nd?
    Yeah gets me a day off school

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh my days I wish I could go so much

ReputationRep:
    What you all doing for accomodation ? Anyone going for UNITE Students?

ReputationRep:
    What's unite? Heriot watt is pretty lax....you can just go in and walk about, I went to go see my friend last week 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So is no one going tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i'm not

ReputationRep:
    Unite is like student accomodation in central Edinburgh it's all bills included. Me and my boyfriend are getting our own studio with either Unite or iQ but still wanted to be around other students so it seemed like the perfect solution

ReputationRep:
    Sounds cool what are the prices like? I already stay in edinburgh so I amn't priority, just gotta take what I can get

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to do about accommodation, because you can't apply for Heriot Watt on campus accommodation if you only have a conditional offer

ReputationRep:
    You can still apply with a conditional just after you have your results and the deadline is the 22nd I think (they said on applicant day)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unite accommodation is about £145 pw which yeah is quite expensive but it includes electricity, WiFi, heating, water, Tv license and pretty much everything you could need. Not sure whether I'm going for iQ or Unite yet. I'm not sure if I would be able to afford it if my boyfriend wasn't paying half too.

ReputationRep:
    Also you can apply to iQ or Unite with a conditional !

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but for single accommodation it would be cheaper in halls? You don't have to pay bills the only extra would be tv licence I think it's changed to about 90 p/w

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also you would have to pay for buses being further out which is an added cost, I've got a friend trying to transfer to Napier cause she chose a uni down in the borders but lives here...cost her200 a month in trains..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So does anyone know about costs of buses if you go city centre?

ReputationRep:
    Adult single on Lothian busses is 1.50 going anywhere, so return 3.00 I live here so feel free to ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.