Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused, heriot watt doesn't offer a postgrad in forensic psychology which you need to become a forensic psychologist....so it's kinda a dead end

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I'm so stuck between forensic/psychology and edinburgh or heriot watt....at this rate I think I'll just work in macdonalds!-_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Very good point about the busses! I would have loved to stay at the campus if there was self contained flats but I don't think being a couple sharing with other students would really work! ahh not sure what we're gonna do

ReputationRep:
    I'm also stuck between Applied Psychology and psychology at HW. From what I've heard from friends HW seems more friendly but not had first hand experience of it. My brother has just finished a degree in psychology at Edinburgh Uni and loved it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I really like heriot watt as a uni but they just seem to careless about psychology....and I'm worried about career prospects, then edinburgh seems really good course wise but seem kinda snobby and elitist as a uni... Hmm :/
    Applied sounds really interesting and wouldn't it increase job opportunities having something specific?
    X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yeah that might be a good point but I'm sure in reality it is still a really well taught course as it is so high in demand, also HW ranks pretty high for psychology! Yeah that's what I thought, Applied Psychology seems to be more of a course for people who want to apply it to their future careers. From what I've read on the website they have lots of brilliant facilities for psychology which really appeals to me. x

ReputationRep:
    What facilities? Hmm it was pretty much just a slides how at the applicant day...no tour....no talking to students or meeting other lectures... Wish I could have got more out of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if its just for Applied Psychology but they have a Social & Development lab,
    Adult Development and Ageing lab and an Eye Tracking lab! It's listed under the Applied Psychology facilities and sounds fascinating! Read more on them http://www.sls.hw.ac.uk/about/facili...facilities.htm
    It's such a shame that the applicant day wasn't very informative, by cutting corners they may have lost themselves some really talented prospective students!

ReputationRep:
    Whaaattttt? Why didn't they advertise that! I hope they got stuff like that for forensic! Sounds awesome! Are you going to the next applicant day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The courses sound so appealing but it's the career prospectus that worry me :/ wish I'd chosen something with a job at the end

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'll be able to because my brother who lives in Edinburgh will be coming up here for Easter and I would have stayed with him if I was going down. I really wanted to go though. However, my brother has been working as a part time for an autistic boy for well over a year now, the pay is amazing and he's going to Prague for the 4th time with the family all paid for him! He has a blast looking after him and he's more like a friend now. My brother wants to go into policing or something similar but says that any course like psychology opens up loads of doors careers wise!

ReputationRep:
    Part time carer *

ReputationRep:
    Woah weird my brother is a support worker for teens with additional support needs....really similar that's another area I'd love to get into, I've done volunteer before shame about the applicants day but I spose you have your brothers advice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's so strange! Me too, I really want to help people and make a difference , even if its just one person. Plus I find the way people think so interesting! Been looking at accomodation tonight and Unite has really poor reviews so we've been thinking about getting an ensuit room on campus actually pretty glad as wont have to get up early in the mornings! Haha

ReputationRep:
    I know! Sounds cheesy but it's so rewarding working with people hmm. You'd save a lot of money and hopefully you could get somewhere with your boyfriend second year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think that's the way to go now just got to wait for him to get all his offers through so he can accept his unconditional and apply for housing. Are you staying on campus too?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really undecided, but I'd like to stay in halls! I already live in Edinburgh so I dunno about my chances

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I'm pretty sure they say that the guarantee all 1st years accommodation on the campus

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I got a conditional offer for Forensic Psychology two days ago. Coincidentally, HW happened to be my first choice so I was completely delirious with joy. My UCAS track hasn't been updated yet, however, so I don't know the exact conditions.
    I was wondering if there are any first year students who don't stay on campus/at other student accommodation, as it's the only thing I seem to read about.

ReputationRep:
    It's not showing me messages on this thread :/ annoying! I was wondering how everyone else found the applicant day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.