Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I drop out of uni? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have wanted to drop out of uni since November but thought I'd give it another term. However since coming back yesterday I feel so unhappy here again and already just want to go back home, I sort of enjoy my course but there's a lot of workload. What's worse is that the people at this place are not nice including my flatmates, everyone in my course are fake and complete *****es and mange to turn up to a lecture at 8am in fake nails, eyelashes etc. I've tried talking to people and nobody seems interested I feel alone at this uni and really unhappy but I don't want people thinking I'm a failure if I leave. Opinions would be great..

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I would stay and keep your head down and just concentrate on doing well.

ReputationRep:
    What University?, just out of interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennavievexx)
    I have wanted to drop out of uni since November but thought I'd give it another term. However since coming back yesterday I feel so unhappy here again and already just want to go back home, I sort of enjoy my course but there's a lot of workload. What's worse is that the people at this place are not nice including my flatmates, everyone in my course are fake and complete *****es and mange to turn up to a lecture at 8am in fake nails, eyelashes etc. I've tried talking to people and nobody seems interested I feel alone at this uni and really unhappy but I don't want people thinking I'm a failure if I leave. Opinions would be great..
    Stay. Not everyone at the uni will be fake. You're unhappy, but how are you doing on your course? If you're doing well, I'd say stay. Not everyone will be like that, you just need to find someone more like-minded. Join societies and try and find more people like you, universities are big, I can't imagine every girl at your uni is a ***** and there's no one you share common ground with. By leaving you're just letting those fake *****y girls win.

I didn't think Edge Hill would be like that, girls I know in Liverpool are far lessy *****y than those down South. Liverpudlians are lovely people in general

ReputationRep:
    Forget the *****es, you are there to learn. You'll likely never have another opportunity to undertake study at this level again, so don't waste it. Join a society and tell these women to suck your flange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suarezalonso)
    what university?, just out of interest.
    * * * which * * *

ReputationRep:
    which university are you at? Is it far away from home?
    Try branching out more, perhaps? Clubs societies etc. I am a third year student myself, I know you reason you go to university is to get a degree, but if you're not enjoying the environment it can make it more difficult. What is it exactly that you dislike?

ReputationRep:
    If you like your course, that's good enough reason to stay. University is about studying after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aWildPidgey)
    * * * which * * *
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I know exactly how you feel. I'm from ormskirk but went to uni in Sheffield and fel really alone. I ended up dropping out and am now applying for a different course. I'd say try and stick at it if you're enjoying your course. Yes the workload will be heavy but you'd get that anywhere. And Ormskirk isn't that bad honest. try and get involved in things you're interested in and perhaps try something new. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Take a year out and come bac next year with a fresh head

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.