The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Any one got interviews at middlesex for adult nursing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by molly1302
Yeah i had to book june as I live in telford i will have to sort a hotel/time off work etc so it will give me more time to sort it. I need to call them too im confused about a few things lol are they open on Monday?
and where are u travelling from?

I'm travelling from Scunthorpe but have family to stay with and my hours were recently cut so didnt need to sort holiday days out, just had to cancel the overtime I'd agreed to. Telford is quite close to Scunthorpe isn't it? My mate from school moved there not long ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Reply 81
Got my crb certificate through today. I'm not sure if they send one to Uni as well but I'm taking it to the pre induction just in case. Has anyone else got there's? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by PearlTx
Got my crb certificate through today. I'm not sure if they send one to Uni as well but I'm taking it to the pre induction just in case. Has anyone else got there's? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes take it! It's better! Do u have an unconditional offer now?
Reply 83
I dont even know whats going on with mine. Its gettin me angry atm. Sent it to them first class 8th april they said they recieved it on 22nd april. Ive rang up twice since, including today, and they said they still havent sent it off, "it will be sent soon". They couldnt tell me when. So mine hasnt even left the uni. Yet theyve had the cheek to take £200 deposit from me for accommodation
Reply 84
I dont even know whats going on with mine. Its gettin me angry atm. Sent it to them first class 8th april they said they recieved it on 22nd april. Ive rang up twice since, including today, and they said they still havent sent it off, "it will be sent soon". They couldnt tell me when. So mine hasnt even left the uni. Yet theyve had the cheek to take £200 deposit from me for accommodation

i thing it's ok cuz they wouldn't ask 4 a deposite.:rolleyes:
Reply 85
I know I was shocked that we had to pay 200 deposit just to apply. I know we'll get it back if we don't get a place or a room but I thought we'd just pay a deposit if we got offered a room. I wonder why yours hasn't been sent Molly :/

No my offer hasn't changed yet but I think we get the certificate before the uni does so I'm going to ask on Thursday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Hello guys,
I'm applying for my accommodation online and I came across the page that says that I have to state the length of stay at the accommodation. They gave me two options, September 2013-September 2014 and Sept 2013-Jun 2014. I was just wondering which option you guys chose because I don't know the length of the Adult Nursing course for a year?

I'm worried that if I choose the Sept 2013-Jun 2014, I will still be studying nursing whilst having no place to stay.
Reply 87
I applied sept-june, because we have to move out of halls for 2nd year, so was thinking to start looking for a place early on so can move out of halls into the new place and go home for summer, so i have the new place ready to come back to, to start the 2nd year. If that makes sense lol
Reply 88
I can't remember which I chose but I remember selecting one and it only giving me one hall to apply for so i changed it so I could apply for them all. Good idea Molly.

It's a shame I didn't manage to see anyone from here at the pre induction. I thought we'd have chance to wander round and talk to each other more :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Lol it makes sense, thank you for replying guys :smile:.
Reply 90
How was the pre induction day? Did u find it helpful? I think sept-sept are the halls that u are only given one choice
Reply 91
It was helpful in terms of we got a list of books that would be good to have so I wanna have a look at them before we start. Other than that I didn't really enjoy it. Managed to meet two people to sit with but then we didn't have chance to move around and talk to any one else cause we were just sat and talked at in a lecture theatre. Had a little walk around campus while we were at lunch n it seems really nice. But then we went back and the second year nurses there answered a few questions but we were still sat around n we couldn't just go up and really talk to them. They made the whole course sound horrific.... Haha :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
How was the pre induction day? Did u find it helpful? I think sept-sept are the halls that u are only given one choice

I called Middlesex today and they told me that I can pick the Sept-Jun length. However, they said since Adult Nursing is a long term course I can still pick Sept-Jun and then apply for Summer Accommodation for the rest of the stay till the 1st year is over. Hope that makes sense
Reply 93
Oh ok, so how long is our term then? And how do holidays work? Half term/summer etc
Reply 94
Um I never got the chance to ask those questions cause both the enquiry phone numbers were not working the day I called. But the lady I talked to from the accomodation team told me that Adult nursing is one of the longest courses thats why she suggested the summer accomodation. If I get the chance to ask those questions I'll write what they say on here :smile:.
They might also answer the questions at the pre induction day, if you're going on the 25th June.

Has anyone here received their CRB check yet? Or has an unconditional offer?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 95
I've got my crb certificate but I don't think my offer has changed yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Oh okay I think I might have to call Middlesex again to ask about my CRB certificate :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 97
Has anyone got everything finalised yet? I feel completely unprepared. I've done my SFE application and I've applied for halls but not heard anything back yet and I think I messed up my nhs bursary application so need to ring them tomorrow. And I can't get through to speak to anyone at the uni or accommodation office? Has anyone been able to get in touch? Sorry for the essay I'm stressing a bit now x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
I haven't yet! And I haven't heard from Uni either ! Try to see if u can email the NHS bursary ! Good luck
Reply 99
I've emailed uni yesterday so will hopefully get a reply next week. Going to ring nhs bursaries tomorrow x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending