Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all! Well im having such a game with the uni! I sent my completed DBS form first class on 8th April back to the university, the university didnt send it off in june. I contacted the DBS to track the status of my check on 27th July and they told me that the form was sent back to the university in june as there was an error- the university had not filled out their part correctly. I emailed the university straight away-i received no reply. I then called on 30th July and spoke to someone from admissions who seemed confused and couldnt give me a straight answer which really didnt help!! They then told me that somebody would contact me either later that day or the next day...I never heard from them. I am really stuck on what to do as nobody is helping me, it is more frustrating that i live in telford, shropshire and cannot sort out any moving in dates etc until me DBS is sorted..and i need to move before sept 16th.
    I just feel really let down by the uni, like they dont care and cant be bothered. Everytime i call up nobody knows whats going on and i get different stories and they just say someone will call back but they done. Its got to the point where im considering wether to go!

ReputationRep:
    Didnt send it off until june* (typo)

ReputationRep:
    Oh Molly that sucks. Have you rang the DBS people again to see if they've had it back from the uni yet?

I know their busy with loads of applications but I get the feeling no one cares much about helping. I wasn't even told that I'm waiting for a check up appointment but apparently my application was sent to the hospital june 6th and that's what I'm waiting for. I rang again today to see if there's any way I can check that I've not missed any emails or if I can get the name of the hospital so I can ring them directly to ask but again, no straight answers I'm coming from North East england so I need to sort accommodation and packing my things, I can't just jump on the tube from my parents and commute until its all sorted.
    Handed in my months notice at work today but I'm preparing for it all to go down the drain at the last minute so I can't go... :\

Has anyone heard from a hospital about a health check up at all?

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know when we start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahdarcy)
    does anybody know when we start?
    We start on 16th September.

ReputationRep:
    Just rang again - they must be sick of me by now. Offers have been changed to unconditional so should be updated on ucas track in the next couple of days

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=PearlTx;43954277]Just rang again - they must be sick of me by now. Offers have been changed to unconditional so should be updated on ucas track in the next couple of days

Hello PearlTx. If you dont mind me asking. I just wanted to find out which number you used to call Middlesex cause I keep trying to get in contact using these two 02084114466 and 02084115555 but no ones' picking up :/

ReputationRep:

Hello PearlTx. If you dont mind me asking. I just wanted to find out which number you used to call Middlesex cause I keep trying to get in contact using these two 02084114466 and 02084115555 but no ones' picking up :/
    I'm ringing the 020 8411 5555
    It takes em ages to pick up so stay on the line as long as it takes and keep ringing. Mind numbing process. Hope you get through asap x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PearlTx)
    I'm ringing the 020 8411 5555
    It takes em ages to pick up so stay on the line as long as it takes and keep ringing. Mind numbing process. Hope you get through asap x
    Lool thank you. I'll try

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! The uni changed my offer to unconditionalthe 12th of august. Yaayyy. Any one else has the same good news?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SDutch)
    Hey everyone! The uni changed my offer to unconditionalthe 12th of august. Yaayyy. Any one else has the same good news?
    Yes ) excited now. Are you staying in halls? Ill be in ivy x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My offer has been changed to unconditional as well! Only happened at 7pm this evening!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got their crb back yet

ReputationRep:
    My CRB came back a month ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My crb came back ages ago. If yours hasn't come back you should ring up the Uni and ask about it, the course starts in a month x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    they lost mine so i had to do another one but its fine apparently a lot of peoples crb just got sent off i didnt apply until June, just wondered how long it takes to get it back

ReputationRep:
    Hiiya, sorry for the late reply haven't checked in a long time. No, i won't be staying in halls unfortunately, I'm going to be sharing a flat with my bestfriend! I'm glad you also got accepted, it has been a tiring process with admissions! I only got my DBS form back TODAY!.. any clue on when we are going in for an interview with the placements?

(Original post by PearlTx)
    Yes ) excited now. Are you staying in halls? Ill be in ivy x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omolara12)
    they lost mine so i had to do another one but its fine apparently a lot of peoples crb just got sent off i didnt apply until June, just wondered how long it takes to get it back
    They also lost mine and I had to go to the uni numerous of times to fill in new forms TWICE! I'm glad its all sorted now and I receives my CRB today. What about you??

ReputationRep:
    I had to go in twice aswell. Still haven't got it back he long did
    urs take

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omolara12)
    I had to go in twice aswell. Still haven't got it back he long did
    urs take

I brought my first form personally to the uni in may, and it was not until july that they told me that there was something wrong and i had to come in again and fill in another one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.