Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

guy from pof too clingy? Watch

Announcements

spoke to this guy on monday on pof, we swapped numbers and ever since hes turned into some obsessed ''boyfriend''. We had a 3hour convo on tuesday night and then on wednesday i woke up to 8 missed calls and 3-4 messages off him asking why i wasnt answering and then messages on pof telling me to talk to him.Ive said I cant meet until after next week because i have an exam and he wont stop hassling me to meet, he wants to come to my house and 'cuddle'.
    Hes also mentioned moving in together in a few months....

I know how ridiculously stupid this all sounds but other than those things ~(which i admit do sound really bad) he is also a really cool guy- we get on well, hes not mentioned sex to me really and we just seem to 'click'.

Any advice what to do here?

We havent met yet, and my friend is advising me to stay away. Just wondered what other people thought.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: He sounds like a nutter.

ReputationRep:
    Away you should stay.

ReputationRep:
    Umm.. Block him! Desperate, needy and nuts = potential serial killer/rapist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    spoke to this guy on monday on pof, we swapped numbers and ever since hes turned into some obsessed ''boyfriend''. We had a 3hour convo on tuesday night and then on wednesday i woke up to 8 missed calls and 3-4 messages off him asking why i wasnt answering and then messages on pof telling me to talk to him.Ive said I cant meet until after next week because i have an exam and he wont stop hassling me to meet, he wants to come to my house and 'cuddle'.
    Hes also mentioned moving in together in a few months....

I know how ridiculously stupid this all sounds but other than those things ~(which i admit do sound really bad) he is also a really cool guy- we get on well, hes not mentioned sex to me really and we just seem to 'click'.

Any advice what to do here?

We havent met yet, and my friend is advising me to stay away. Just wondered what other people thought.
    Mmm.

Get rid.

ReputationRep:
    Blimey... cut off contact from him NOW he sounds crazy!

ReputationRep:
    You get on well online.
    Does not mean you will get on otherwise.

Are you actually bf&gf?
    Are you wanting to "cuddle" with him?

If you want to remain friends/have a relationship with him, you need to tell him how he is being too full-on, because he is, there's no doubt about it.

ReputationRep:
    what is pof...?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Stay away, definitely

ReputationRep:
    Give him some feedback about what he is doing wrong and then cut contact with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    what is pof...?:confused:
    piece of fish

OP he sounds crazy

ReputationRep:
    I would also say you should stay away :sadnod: If he's like that now, imagine how he'd be like in an actual relationship with you?! :indiff: It's also best now to stay away because you haven't developed any deep feelings for him or anything etc, yet, so no chance of you actually getting hurt.

ReputationRep:
    He probably thinks you have "good child bearing hips".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH)
    piece of fish

OP he sounds crazy
    not sure if serious?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I would say to stay away tbh. You don't want to get yourself into an intense relationship if things were to develop :no:

ReputationRep:
    So many people are quick to judge here...

Continue meeting up and talking to him but just say that you're a bit fed up of the constant messages at night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -aTOMic-)

Continue meeting up and talking to him but just say that you're a bit fed up of the constant messages at night.
    And if he doesn't listen to that, then OP should stay away.

Personally, I'll stay away now. Plenty more fish in the sea. Pun not intended. :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by elldeegee)
    You get on well online.
    Does not mean you will get on otherwise.

Are you actually bf&gf?
    Are you wanting to "cuddle" with him?

If you want to remain friends/have a relationship with him, you need to tell him how he is being too full-on, because he is, there's no doubt about it.
    well it was over phone for 3 hours. We talked on phone

no we are most defo not bf/gf
    and i dont want to cuddle with him...

ive said i dont want t meet at my house but he still keeps asking me (i wont give in here).

(Original post by -aTOMic-)

thanks for your response
    what makes you think everyone is quick to judge?

do you think the 8 missed calls was acceptable considering we'd only talked the night before?

im just asking btw cos i want to know the right thing to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    Pun not intended. :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Suuuuuuure.
    Who you tryna fool. :hmmm:
    :awesome:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.