Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

guy from pof too clingy? Watch

he hasnt made any contact with me today and said hed leave it to me from now on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    spoke to this guy on monday on pof, we swapped numbers and ever since hes turned into some obsessed ''boyfriend''. We had a 3hour convo on tuesday night and then on wednesday i woke up to 8 missed calls and 3-4 messages off him asking why i wasnt answering and then messages on pof telling me to talk to him.Ive said I cant meet until after next week because i have an exam and he wont stop hassling me to meet, he wants to come to my house and 'cuddle'.
    Hes also mentioned moving in together in a few months....

I know how ridiculously stupid this all sounds but other than those things ~(which i admit do sound really bad) he is also a really cool guy- we get on well, hes not mentioned sex to me really and we just seem to 'click'.

Any advice what to do here?

We havent met yet, and my friend is advising me to stay away. Just wondered what other people thought.
    In 5 days, you've swapped numbers, talked for hours on the phone and he's asking you to move in together. Bit too fast me thinks. You've told him that you've got exams and can't meet and he should respect that. If it's starting to freak you out then run (metaphorically) before he gets too clingy and tell him that you think it's all going too fast too soon.

Focus on your exams and don't let him distract you from them

ReputationRep:
    Trust your instincts with things like this, I'd try and slowly distance yourself from him. Lbr it's odd for him to be so clingy so soon..!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    $5 says if you meet him you'll dissapear into a shallow grave somewhere...
    she will have to give it to ya before hand though?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.