Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    did anyone get slightly funny results at their school for this exam today?half our class failed, with some very strange results and low standard deviation etc... we are appealing and just wondered if this was in the case in other schools

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely! (this is going to be especially weird if you are OCR, cos if you are there must be something wrong). The majority of my class got D's and E's and I know I didn't do amazingly well but I'm pretty damn sure I didn't go THAT bad! (I got an A in English....AQA must be more forgiving???)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverchaired1)
    Absolutely! (this is going to be especially weird if you are OCR, cos if you are there must be something wrong). The majority of my class got D's and E's and I know I didn't do amazingly well but I'm pretty damn sure I didn't go THAT bad! (I got an A in English....AQA must be more forgiving???)
    yeah were OCR as well... are you sending the papers back?do you know how much it would cost? about half our class failed..very strange. where in the country are you?what are your other law grades?

ReputationRep:
    AQA As computing... i was expecting at least an A(that was a resit), and got a C with 3 marks of B. I still can't believe that happened!!!

ReputationRep:
    When I did law quite a few things happened like this but I don't think it's a complete **** up. The marking is so precise - yuo have to write in exactly the right way for law and it is a bit subjective too.
    It could just be your class weren't taught in exactly the right way...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peapod)
    When I did law quite a few things happened like this but I don't think it's a complete **** up. The marking is so precise - yuo have to write in exactly the right way for law and it is a bit subjective too.
    It could just be your class weren't taught in exactly the right way...
    no. it looks like a **** up- the results are pretty much the exact opposite as to what was expected and most of us had done much better in previous units, i dont think we wrote that differently in this one and it is more likely they marked us dodgily..myself and someone else had got an A and now got a U, on probably the easiest paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by italianmark)
    no. it looks like a **** up- the results are pretty much the exact opposite as to what was expected and most of us had done much better in previous units, i dont think we wrote that differently in this one and it is more likely they marked us dodgily..myself and someone else had got an A and now got a U, on probably the easiest paper
    I agree marking in my class has been really inconsistent this year, people with consistently excellent marks have gone down, and those who were previously really bad have gone up. Odd.!

ReputationRep:
    Law results were funny in our college, but I think we're on AQA.

Highest result was a C and second highest was a D... some of my friends were seriously not happy.

ReputationRep:
    This 4th module, the one where we were asked about recklessness and diminished responsibility in the first section right?

I got 90/90 and I was expected to get an A and I did. this is unprecedented though, have never got 100% in my life!

The teacher did say that the majority did worse than she expected though.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.