Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I posted this thread to ask if anyone else is doing this exam and what your thoughts are on what could come up. Also, does anyone by chance have the June 2012 paper? I completed it in class but it has not been given to us yet.

Also, could you recommend any useful ways for revision? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Do all the past papers you can, read the specification and take a look at wikibooks: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/A-level...d_the_Internet

ReputationRep:
    I need the June 2012 paper aswell.. it'll be a great help. Im kinda running low on resources for revision, ive done all past papers like 3 times over now.

ReputationRep:
    I need to look at the legal issue stuff, and hardware devices

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, same. Do you think flat bed scanner could come up? It was in the June 2012 paper, so I suppose not. I think there might be a CD-ROM question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thu_)
    Yeah, same. Do you think flat bed scanner could come up? It was in the June 2012 paper, so I suppose not. I think there might be a CD-ROM question.
    the problem is its all random and theres about 7 hardware devices so it forces u to know each one because anyone of them even two can come up I only started revising yday iv made notes already on most of the stuff but im rusty as hell on the css and html i mean iknow the basics but i hope it doesnt come up haha! I just want questions on internet and machine architecture and im sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    the problem is its all random and theres about 7 hardware devices so it forces u to know each one because anyone of them even two can come up I only started revising yday iv made notes already on most of the stuff but im rusty as hell on the css and html i mean iknow the basics but i hope it doesnt come up haha! I just want questions on internet and machine architecture and im sorted
    CSS and type selectors were actually in the June paper so I think we might get a html and to draw how it would appear. The June paper was quite difficult so I hope we get an easy one. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thu_)
    CSS and type selectors were actually in the June paper so I think we might get a html and to draw how it would appear. The June paper was quite difficult so I hope we get an easy one. :confused:
    yeahhh

ReputationRep:
    How you guys revising for this i been doing the past papers, 5 done so fair and what ever i get wrong i look up how to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farid Jalil)
    How you guys revising for this i been doing the past papers, 5 done so fair and what ever i get wrong i look up how to do it.
    I've been doing quite the same. The only problem I'm having is memorizing all the hardware devices and understanding html/css.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thu_)
    I've been doing quite the same. The only problem I'm having is memorizing all the hardware devices and understanding html/css.
    I can do well in the papers but i always get stuck on the odd question or two and the damn 6-8 mark questions are so annoying!

i found this PDF which is pretty nice
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf revision notes comp2.pdf (186.9 KB, 2682 views)

ReputationRep:
    I have had so much coursework, I havent had a chance to revise for my resit! I got a High C last year, was so annoyed and I really need to up my AS grade for Uni.

I hope I'll be alright, once I get my exam tomorrow out the way, ill have a full week to focus on Comp2, reckon Ill be alright?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeoHall)
    I have had so much coursework, I havent had a chance to revise for my resit! I got a High C last year, was so annoyed and I really need to up my AS grade for Uni.

I hope I'll be alright, once I get my exam tomorrow out the way, ill have a full week to focus on Comp2, reckon Ill be alright?
    I'm sitting it for the first time but to be honest it didn't take me too long to memorize the main things. Maybe try to work more on the things which you found hard in the exam?

I just hope we get a nice and easy hardware device

ReputationRep:
    Alright, I'm having problems with DeMorgans Laws, it was the same last year ,I just cannot understand it, Can someone help me and explain it in English to me as the textbook isnt helping.

I understand the concept of simplifying boolean expressions, i just find it so hard.

ReputationRep:
    Alright, I'm having problems with DeMorgans Laws, it was the same last year ,I just cannot understand it, Can someone help me and explain it in English to me as the textbook isnt helping.

I understand the concept of simplifying boolean expressions, i just find it so hard.
    Can you give an example question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thu_)
    Can you give an example question?

Show that

=
    . _ ......_
    A.B + B.A

ReputationRep:
    Show that

=
    . _ ......_
    A.B + B.A
    does anybody know what to concentrate more on there is so much to remember :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Show that

=
    . _ ......_
    A.B + B.A
    ........___
    ........_ _
    A.B = A+B use De Morgan's for the whole equation so that:

....___ ....___
    A.A.B + B.A.B

Then use De Morgan's on each side

...___ ....___
    A.A.B + B.A.B =

...._ _.......... _ _.........._......._......._.... .._
    A.(A+B) + B.(A+B) = A.A + A.B + B.A + B.B

And then that will be
    ...._......._
    A.B + B.A

I hope I explained it properly..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the illuminated)
    does anybody know what to concentrate more on there is so much to remember :mad:
    It's so annoying, there are entire topics that can come down to just 1 - 3 mark questions.

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know what areas are more likely to come up in the exam because i don't know and i am scared. are they more likely to ask us about tcp/ip. and i really hate simplifying Boolean algebra

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 18, 2013

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.