Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by compy)
    Make sure you're happy with the specification section 3.2

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2510-W-SP.PDF
    Thanks!! I understand most of the things on the list! Which is awesome I'm aiming to achieve an A, I have been getting A's in the past papers so I hope I'm able to do it in the real thing!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    So what you guys doing for today because the exam is tomorrow! I think I shall do 2-3 past papers and then take a break until I go to bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farid Jalil)
    So what you guys doing for today because the exam is tomorrow! I think I shall do 2-3 past papers and then take a break until I go to bed

I haven't had any time to do any past papers ive just been revising non stop so ill do all of them and some exam questions from the text book tonight

ReputationRep:
    From what have you been revising??

ReputationRep:
    Wikibooks. The textbook overcomplicates things making it harder to understand.

I'm worried about Comp3 in june, im in second year and tomorrow is a resit of COMP2, last year I got a C, D overall and I need BBC for university so I've put so much effort so I can hopefully get an A in this exam, I didnt put enough work in last year

Make sure you do well first time you really dont want to bother with the hassle of resits, it's horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeoHall)

I'm worried about Comp3 in june, im in second year and tomorrow is a resit of COMP2, last year I got a C, D overall and I need BBC for university so I've put so much effort so I can hopefully get an A in this exam, I didnt put enough work in last year

Make sure you do well first time you really dont want to bother with the hassle of resits, it's horrible.
    You sound just like me!!! What you doing at uni? And what uni did you apply for the BBC?? I applied for computer science: Oxford Brooke's, Brighton, Huddersfield, Queen Mary's, Essex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeoHall)

And can you give me the link for the wiki books??

ReputationRep:
    And can you give me the link for the wiki books??

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/A-level...d_the_Internet

ReputationRep:
    Quick question.

Even though i have done the exam before, i was just wondering if it's the case where they ask us to draw out what a webpage would look like, would we use a pencil or a pen?

I know this sounds really stupid but all of a sudden i thought how about i was randomly somehow losing some marks because the paper wasn't scanned properly because i used pencil for writing on a diagram?

Normally on all other exams it states use HB pencil only for graphs and diagrams, but the COMP2 one doesn't.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayward_2013)
    Quick question.

Even though i have done the exam before, i was just wondering if it's the case where they ask us to draw out what a webpage would look like, would we use a pencil or a pen?

I know this sounds really stupid but all of a sudden i thought how about i was randomly somehow losing some marks because the paper wasn't scanned properly because i used pencil for writing on a diagram?

Normally on all other exams it states use HB pencil only for graphs and diagrams, but the COMP2 one doesn't.

Thanks
    I don't think it's a requirement to use pencil or pen on those diagrams, but it's certainly recommended. If you make a mistake in pen, you might end up losing a few marks.
    You wouldn't lose any marks for it during the scanning, because the same scanning method is used for all papers, and the ones that do require use of pencil are marked fine.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the speedy reply.

Yea thought so but just double checking lol...

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!!

ReputationRep:
    You sound just like me!!! What you doing at uni? And what uni did you apply for the BBC?? I applied for computer science: Oxford Brooke's, Brighton, Huddersfield, Queen Mary's, Essex

I'm doing marketing, which has very little to do with computing haha.
    I passed computing last year, which meant if I kept it I wouldnt have to do 3 years at college.

How are you getting on with the A2 practical project? Also are you worried about COMP3 cause I am! the past papers look horrible in comparison to COMP2 and its 2 and a half hours!

ReputationRep:
    I just came out of this exam. It went well for me although I wasn't sure about what imperative and declarative meant so I just had to guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nabbles)
    I just came out of this exam. It went well for me although I wasn't sure about what imperative and declarative meant so I just had to guess.
    Yeah, that 8 marker was quite tough.

I think it went OK overall, though.

Did anyone get A . (NOT C) for the boolean simplification question, and 2048 times for that HDD capacity one?

ReputationRep:
    Few, was worried about what would come up, but nothing was too evil, only fear was I didn't put enough for the Internet vs WWW question, as got a blank =p.

Also, Imperative is in effect where you state the algorithm of the program as you do it, as with most languages such as Java, Pascal, VB, etc. Declarative is where you don't specify the Algorithm, you only state the inputs, such as with SQL or Prolog.

And yeah, I got A.C(NOT) for it, and 2048 for HDD).

Was A.B.C(Not) + A.C(Not) I think, so went:
    A.C(not).(B+1)
    As B+1 = 1, is A.C(not).1 = A.C(NOT)

512 MB x 2 = 1GB, 1024 GB in a TB, so 2x1024 = 2048.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe TCP/IP didn't come up!! And fetch execute!! OH LORDY LORDY Oh well, HTML was kinda easy What did people get for the Boolean question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeefSister)
    Can't believe TCP/IP didn't come up!! And fetch execute!! OH LORDY LORDY Oh well, HTML was kinda easy What did people get for the Boolean question?
    I got A and NOT(C) and B, but I'm wrong...

ReputationRep:
    Let’s go to the beach, each
    Let’s go get away
    They say, what they gonna say?
    Have a drink, clink, found the Bud Light
    Bad *****es like me, is hard to come by

Think it went well Anyone else get that for the 8 marker ^ ?

Anyone have any idea on grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeefSister)
    I was very happy about Fetch executive cycle not coming up becuase it was almost the only thing I didn't know .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.