Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I said something like: A bus is a set of wires used to connect and transfer data between independent components of a computer system

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That was a really nice paper but they had the odd annoying question that caught me out but I think I have a good chance of an A as I didn't think I lost 14+ marks but idk I loved that 8 mark question first one I didn't struggle on!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I did most of the paper fine - but I didn't see the back page! Missed several marks for not knowing there were questions at the end. The crazy thing is that I finished 10 minutes early, and sat there waiting for the end, before realising. I was hoping for an A, but I think a B is more realistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    I did most of the paper fine - but I didn't see the back page! Missed several marks for not knowing there were questions at the end. The crazy thing is that I finished 10 minutes early, and sat there waiting for the end, before realising. I was hoping for an A, but I think a B is more realistic.
    Awh, that's horrid, I can only imagine how that feels . I think it was only like 6 marks on back, so hopefully you can still get a good mark!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GuruKid95)
    Shut up mate, come say that to my face.
    Do you have a mental disorder or something? I'm deadly serious you should get it checked out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspire101)
    I said something like: A bus is a set of wires used to connect and transfer data between independent components of a computer system

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put a connection between devices inside a computer system were data travels through

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeoHall)
    I put a connection between devices inside a computer system were data travels through
    I'd have thought that will get you the mark.

The quoted answer probably won't, because buses aren't wires.

ReputationRep:

Not sure, the definition on wikibooks says this :

A Bus is a connection between different devices. This connection will normally consist of multiple wires along which signals, instructions and data will be carried

ReputationRep:
    Just made a new thread to discuss A2 computing if anyone wants to check it out:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post41096448

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the questions on the back?
    For the 2 reasons music should not be downloaded for free I put:
    -Artists would not receive any money for the work they produce
    -It is unfair towards people who do pay for the same music

And for why non DRM music is good:
    -They wont get in trouble as the music is not protected by law
    -They can share it with other people

ReputationRep:
    Errr

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Yes they are. A bus is a set of parallel wires connecting two or more components of a computer system. (It's the golden lines on a motherboard those are the buses)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sl96)
    did anybody know the definition for packet switching and a bus?
    packet switching: i put its when data is broken down into a number of "packets" which are then sent on the Internet or "physical layer".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GuruKid95)
    Who am i? Who are you ?
    lmfao just been reading all your comments how funny... we have ourself an Internet warrior here guys :rofl: bless ya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nabbles)
    For that internet question I didn't have much as much as I would expect for a 4 mark question but I don't think there was much more I could have written. Also it loks like I guessed the 8 marker correctly . And finally I put down 2000 for the TB to 512MB, I understand that it is 2048 but hopefully I will still get the marks for it.
    got that Tera byte one wrong my mind just froze but maybe ill be lucky and get 1 mark/2 but ohh well! What was the law at the back? Was it Copyright,Design Patents Act?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    Yes they are. A bus is a set of parallel wires connecting two or more components of a computer system. (It's the golden lines on a motherboard those are the buses)
    Yeah, exactly, it's the lines on the components - but they aren't called wires, are they?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, exactly, it's the lines on the components - but they aren't called wires, are they?
    yeah they are called wires hence in the definition "a set of parallel wires"

btw for the last page was the law Copyright,Design & Patents Act?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    yeah they are called wires hence in the definition "a set of parallel wires"

btw for the last page was the law Copyright,Design & Patents Act?
    Yeah, it was.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it was.
    pheww thank god for that hahaha hope i do well in this i dont think i lost that many marks...i probably lost marks on the CSS stuff and the hard disk drive stuff hopefully will be still enough to secure an A grade if im extremely lucky haha! Good luck with your results

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.