Turn on thread page Beta

AQA AS Computing unit 2 17th January 2013 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    I did most of the paper fine - but I didn't see the back page! Missed several marks for not knowing there were questions at the end. The crazy thing is that I finished 10 minutes early, and sat there waiting for the end, before realising. I was hoping for an A, but I think a B is more realistic.
    what did u get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farid Jalil)
    That was a really nice paper but they had the odd annoying question that caught me out but I think I have a good chance of an A as I didn't think I lost 14+ marks but idk I loved that 8 mark question first one I didn't struggle on!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    what did u get?
    Got an E. I got As and Bs on all of the past papers; it was a real surprise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    Got an E. I got As and Bs on all of the past papers; it was a real surprise.
    Computing is all about writing the right vocabulary I found the are really strict on that! You can always resit in the summer tho this is the last year of resits so make sure u smash the summer one

I got a high B so close to the A needed 2marks and I would have got it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    Computing is all about writing the right vocabulary I found the are really strict on that! You can always resit in the summer tho this is the last year of resits so make sure u smash the summer one

I got a high B so close to the A needed 2marks and I would have got it :/
    I was 3 marks off an A, I'm going to resit in summer .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nabbles)
    I was 3 marks off an A, I'm going to resit in summer .
    Really? Why? just concentrate on comp 1 programming exam all we need to get is a high C then we have B grades already! For te A grade however we will need middle A grades to secure it so about 100ums/120

ReputationRep:
    Good too hear decent exam results - My computing tutor tried to get me off the course because I was "Slacking" (before the exam), and he didn't think I would even achieve an E :L...

But 2 marks of an A, so B Overall! - Well done all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    Really? Why? just concentrate on comp 1 programming exam all we need to get is a high C then we have B grades already! For te A grade however we will need middle A grades to secure it so about 100ums/120
    Maybe I won't resit. I'm still not 100% sure if I want to. For an A I wouldn't need a very A in comp 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nabbles)
    Maybe I won't resit. I'm still not 100% sure if I want to. For an A I wouldn't need a very A in comp 1.
    yeah you would need a mid A for an A overall thats 100ums/120ums

I'll be happy with a B as im not doing A2 anyway its an AS for me as i start university in September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MilesGone)
    Good too hear decent exam results - My computing tutor tried to get me off the course because I was "Slacking" (before the exam), and he didn't think I would even achieve an E :L...

But 2 marks of an A, so B Overall! - Well done all
    well done bro we wer all so close to the A lool.

ReputationRep:
    I got a B aswell, I don't want to resit tho for an A, i'd rather just concentrate on COMP1. However, COMP1 is going to be a tough one to secure atleast 100+ UMS marks out of 120.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VisionAim)
    I got a B aswell, I don't want to resit tho for an A, i'd rather just concentrate on COMP1. However, COMP1 is going to be a tough one to secure atleast 100+ UMS marks out of 120.
    i agree COMP 1 will be hard.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 18, 2013
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.