Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    I did most of the paper fine - but I didn't see the back page! Missed several marks for not knowing there were questions at the end. The crazy thing is that I finished 10 minutes early, and sat there waiting for the end, before realising. I was hoping for an A, but I think a B is more realistic.
    what did u get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farid Jalil)
    That was a really nice paper but they had the odd annoying question that caught me out but I think I have a good chance of an A as I didn't think I lost 14+ marks but idk I loved that 8 mark question first one I didn't struggle on!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    what did u get?
    Got an E. I got As and Bs on all of the past papers; it was a real surprise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    Got an E. I got As and Bs on all of the past papers; it was a real surprise.
    Computing is all about writing the right vocabulary I found the are really strict on that! You can always resit in the summer tho this is the last year of resits so make sure u smash the summer one

I got a high B so close to the A needed 2marks and I would have got it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    Computing is all about writing the right vocabulary I found the are really strict on that! You can always resit in the summer tho this is the last year of resits so make sure u smash the summer one

I got a high B so close to the A needed 2marks and I would have got it :/
    I was 3 marks off an A, I'm going to resit in summer .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nabbles)
    I was 3 marks off an A, I'm going to resit in summer .
    Really? Why? just concentrate on comp 1 programming exam all we need to get is a high C then we have B grades already! For te A grade however we will need middle A grades to secure it so about 100ums/120

ReputationRep:
    Good too hear decent exam results - My computing tutor tried to get me off the course because I was "Slacking" (before the exam), and he didn't think I would even achieve an E :L...

But 2 marks of an A, so B Overall! - Well done all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    Really? Why? just concentrate on comp 1 programming exam all we need to get is a high C then we have B grades already! For te A grade however we will need middle A grades to secure it so about 100ums/120
    Maybe I won't resit. I'm still not 100% sure if I want to. For an A I wouldn't need a very A in comp 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nabbles)
    Maybe I won't resit. I'm still not 100% sure if I want to. For an A I wouldn't need a very A in comp 1.
    yeah you would need a mid A for an A overall thats 100ums/120ums

I'll be happy with a B as im not doing A2 anyway its an AS for me as i start university in September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MilesGone)
    Good too hear decent exam results - My computing tutor tried to get me off the course because I was "Slacking" (before the exam), and he didn't think I would even achieve an E :L...

But 2 marks of an A, so B Overall! - Well done all
    well done bro we wer all so close to the A lool.

ReputationRep:
    I got a B aswell, I don't want to resit tho for an A, i'd rather just concentrate on COMP1. However, COMP1 is going to be a tough one to secure atleast 100+ UMS marks out of 120.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VisionAim)
    I got a B aswell, I don't want to resit tho for an A, i'd rather just concentrate on COMP1. However, COMP1 is going to be a tough one to secure atleast 100+ UMS marks out of 120.
    i agree COMP 1 will be hard.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.