Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how do i get my hair to look like this? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwAA&dur=301

ive got the right length of hair but i cant get my hair to look like this. Do you use hair gel or wax and do you also have to straighten your hair to get there.
    any advice would be really appreciated.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think it has something to do with blow drying it up and wax. It also depends on your hair type. There are many ways to achieve this look though, perhaps you could search YouTube for a tutorial?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by master_blaster66)
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwAA&dur=301

ive got the right length of hair but i cant get my hair to look like this. Do you use hair gel or wax and do you also have to straighten your hair to get there.
    any advice would be really appreciated.
    thanks
    Straighten it first, does your face look like his by any chance x

ReputationRep:
    Wax + hairspray. Style it with the wax, and spray it in place once you're happy with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    Wax + hairspray. Style it with the wax, and spray it in place once you're happy with it.
    which wax should i use, because ive used a few and it doesnt work for me. And which hairspray?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by master_blaster66)
    which wax should i use, because ive used a few and it doesnt work for me. And which hairspray?
    It doesn't really matter which hairspray, most should do the job. And the wax, I haven't tried enough of them to know really, my hairs pretty long nowadays and has been for about 2 years but I remember VO5 Fibre Putty being okay.

I'm not sure what you mean by them not working for you, but if it's just that your hair never stays in place, then that's what the hairspray is for. Most hairstyling products are pretty useless when they come up against some wind if you haven't used hairspray.

You could also maybe try Mousse for the styling part, it's really easy to use and quite flexible, and actually quite good.

ReputationRep:
    egg white is a useful standby if you have run out of salon products... it sets in about 4 minutes and will keep your hair in position for up to six hours

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.