Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you got race preference? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well we certainly all have preferences, I think is song is very appropriate for this thread: AKA Frank - (my **** ain't racist)

I won't embed it here because it might be considered inappropriate owing to the mature language sometimes used, so look at your own peril!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Londonburger)
    So shall I say Jewish, Deutsche, English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, Japanese..?
    Most of those are still nationalities

ReputationRep:
    Yes, human race

ReputationRep:
    From my life so far I've tended to be mostly attracted to British/American/European/Latina/Australasian women.

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be a massive misunderstanding of race, ethnicity and nationality here :/

ReputationRep:
    Don't really care that much. The guy I like at the minute is South Asian. I think I have fancied guys from all races at some point.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really mind what race but I have a thing for Pakistanis. :blushing::teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I prefer white girls. Im an Oriental guy (British born) though and we dont really stand a chance with them. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    I prefer white girls. Im an Oriental guy (British born) though and we dont really stand a chance with them. :sad:
    you will be fine, mate. I remember you now.

ReputationRep:
    I like girls with a "cute" look, which is something I associate with orientals, possibly partly because of the media. Though I also like curvy girls, which is more associated with black girls. So maybe white girls as a happy medium. theres plenty of girls I like from every race though.

ReputationRep:
    Mixed race is cool, which could mean you are clever, nice looking, bilingual etc..

Boys are usually closer to their mums. Like me, I am closer to my mum. But the maturer I am, the more I admire and respect my dad. You will gradually understand how deep your dad's love is to you..
    Half greek / half english isn't mixed race, since they are both part of the white race. That's like saying someone is mixed if you are half black african / half african-american.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sphinx_5494)
    Half greek / half english isn't mixed race, since they are both part of the white race. That's like saying someone is mixed if you are half black african / half african-american.
    Technically no?

Both Greek and English are nationalities not races, you can have any kind of skin colour you want and be Greek/English :/

Besides race is completely misused in this thread, it's a poor social construct used to differentiate people that has no weight in science any more. People are talking more about phenotypes and characteristics that define an individuals outward appearance.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Sulphur;40842147]Technically no?

Both Greek and English are nationalities not races, you can have any kind of skin colour you want and be Greek/English :/

Besides race is completely misused in this thread, it's a poor social construct used to differentiate people that has no weight in science any more. People are talking more about phenotypes and characteristics that define an individuals outward appearance.[/QUOTE]

To me, that is what race is - a collection of similar phenotypes and characteristics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sphinx_5494)
    Most of English people are considered to be Anglo-Saxon, while Greek people are considered to be Mediterranean. Even from the perspective of looks, they are apparently different.

ReputationRep:
    Most of English people are considered to be Anglo-Saxon, while Greek people are considered to be Mediterranean. Even from the perspective of looks, they are apparently different.
    As to my skin colour/tone, I have included a link which shows my skin tone in its tanned form. Taken from an old thread (Note: This is just my eyes). =l

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...3&d=1342372850

ReputationRep:
    Just the Human race, not really into bestiality.

ReputationRep:

I look different from an East african / Somalian but I still consider them black. Also, while there are considered mediterranean, I thought they were seen as types within one group. East africans, west africans and afro-caribbean can look different but I still consider them all variations within one race.

East african - somali woman

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sjWtlWHshU...0/ubad%2Bd.jpg

West african / ghana
    http://api.ning.com/files/YbGJ6hGc0x...Christelle.jpg

Caribbean - Cuba
    http://api.ning.com/files/YbGJ6hGc0x...Christelle.jpg

ReputationRep:
    The only reason I put my eye colour online is because it is pretty much the only thing about myself I am comfortable with. =l
    Although, as you can see from that picture I put on here just now, that is one of my tanned times, I typically go 2-3 shades lighter.

That is one of my darker days. =l

EDIT:
    I am often told I come under the term "Pale", although I will let people online make up their own mind. =l
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...3&d=1342372850
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    White, and British, preferrably. :0 But I would put personality over race. But, personally, white guys are the most attractive. No shame in having a preferrence!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mollymod)
    How you doin'? :sexface:

Interesting...

On a more serious note, I'm not bothered about race, I've fancied guys of a range of ethnicities, it's never really occurred to me as something to filter people out from.
    Interesting...? Why?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.