Turn on thread page Beta

Have you got race preference? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well we certainly all have preferences, I think is song is very appropriate for this thread: AKA Frank - (my **** ain't racist)

I won't embed it here because it might be considered inappropriate owing to the mature language sometimes used, so look at your own peril!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Londonburger)
    So shall I say Jewish, Deutsche, English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, Japanese..?
    Most of those are still nationalities

ReputationRep:
    Yes, human race

ReputationRep:
    From my life so far I've tended to be mostly attracted to British/American/European/Latina/Australasian women.

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be a massive misunderstanding of race, ethnicity and nationality here :/

ReputationRep:
    Don't really care that much. The guy I like at the minute is South Asian. I think I have fancied guys from all races at some point.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really mind what race but I have a thing for Pakistanis. :blushing: :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I prefer white girls. Im an Oriental guy (British born) though and we dont really stand a chance with them. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    I prefer white girls. Im an Oriental guy (British born) though and we dont really stand a chance with them. :sad:
    you will be fine, mate. I remember you now.

ReputationRep:
    I like girls with a "cute" look, which is something I associate with orientals, possibly partly because of the media. Though I also like curvy girls, which is more associated with black girls. So maybe white girls as a happy medium. theres plenty of girls I like from every race though.

ReputationRep:
    Mixed race is cool, which could mean you are clever, nice looking, bilingual etc..

Boys are usually closer to their mums. Like me, I am closer to my mum. But the maturer I am, the more I admire and respect my dad. You will gradually understand how deep your dad's love is to you..
    Half greek / half english isn't mixed race, since they are both part of the white race. That's like saying someone is mixed if you are half black african / half african-american.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sphinx_5494)
    Half greek / half english isn't mixed race, since they are both part of the white race. That's like saying someone is mixed if you are half black african / half african-american.
    Technically no?

Both Greek and English are nationalities not races, you can have any kind of skin colour you want and be Greek/English :/

Besides race is completely misused in this thread, it's a poor social construct used to differentiate people that has no weight in science any more. People are talking more about phenotypes and characteristics that define an individuals outward appearance.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Sulphur;40842147]Technically no?

Both Greek and English are nationalities not races, you can have any kind of skin colour you want and be Greek/English :/

Besides race is completely misused in this thread, it's a poor social construct used to differentiate people that has no weight in science any more. People are talking more about phenotypes and characteristics that define an individuals outward appearance.[/QUOTE]

To me, that is what race is - a collection of similar phenotypes and characteristics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sphinx_5494)
    Most of English people are considered to be Anglo-Saxon, while Greek people are considered to be Mediterranean. Even from the perspective of looks, they are apparently different.

ReputationRep:
    Most of English people are considered to be Anglo-Saxon, while Greek people are considered to be Mediterranean. Even from the perspective of looks, they are apparently different.
    As to my skin colour/tone, I have included a link which shows my skin tone in its tanned form. Taken from an old thread (Note: This is just my eyes). =l

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...3&d=1342372850

ReputationRep:
    Just the Human race, not really into bestiality.

ReputationRep:

I look different from an East african / Somalian but I still consider them black. Also, while there are considered mediterranean, I thought they were seen as types within one group. East africans, west africans and afro-caribbean can look different but I still consider them all variations within one race.

East african - somali woman

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sjWtlWHshU...0/ubad%2Bd.jpg

West african / ghana
    http://api.ning.com/files/YbGJ6hGc0x...Christelle.jpg

Caribbean - Cuba
    http://api.ning.com/files/YbGJ6hGc0x...Christelle.jpg

ReputationRep:
    The only reason I put my eye colour online is because it is pretty much the only thing about myself I am comfortable with. =l
    Although, as you can see from that picture I put on here just now, that is one of my tanned times, I typically go 2-3 shades lighter.

That is one of my darker days. =l

EDIT:
    I am often told I come under the term "Pale", although I will let people online make up their own mind. =l
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...3&d=1342372850
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    White, and British, preferrably. :0 But I would put personality over race. But, personally, white guys are the most attractive. No shame in having a preferrence!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mollymod)
    How you doin'? :sexface:

Interesting...

On a more serious note, I'm not bothered about race, I've fancied guys of a range of ethnicities, it's never really occurred to me as something to filter people out from.
    Interesting...? Why?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2013
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.