Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you got race preference? Watch

I'm an Indian girl and I prefer men of my own race.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a white english guy and my current gf is indian, she is quite dark for an asian and is often asked if she is mixed race.

I'm open to dating all races, colour is not a big deal too me really but I guess I would like to date an african as I do digg curvy women like Serena Williams for example.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone even subconciously has a preference, for me I would love to find a nice irish guy and tend to be attracted to white men but I would never say that I would never date a guy who wasn't white because their not my "type" love and lust are a strange thing!! So never say never :

ReputationRep:
    Nahh, if we have chemistry I just let it flow like water flowing down a river
    I'm black and my boyfriend's white, and when we first got together the differences in our race never even came up so doesn't matter to us. I have dated black and mixed race (black and greek) before so I would say I don't have a preference. But I don't think there's anything wrong with only having a certain race get your hormones raging

ReputationRep:
    So, I don't want to sound racist or something, but I absolutely adore black men : O
    But I suppose it is quite difficult to be so lucky to find a boyfriend with a good personality who would happen to be black, lol. XD

Personality is something I look for first, it is most important thing in a relationships (of all kinds, not just romance). Sure, there are features I fancy more, but still, when I meet a guy who is a great person but is not black, I would still want to date him

(I just think black men are not only so sexy, but also they are kind of very positive people who makes me smile with their smiles And I like to be happy and smiled.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    I'm probably going to end up regretting this but, here is a pic of myself about 3 years ago (taken from an old whole school photo). =l

I keep getting people say you can see the greek in me but not really the english. Do any of you think I look somewhere in between or more to one side than the other...

EDIT:
    This tends to be as dark as I get. =l
    I know you, well I've seen you! You went to my school omg ^_^
    Thats so random, I thought you were german or something!

ReputationRep:
    I prefer 100, 200 and 400 metre races myself
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I'll be the first to admit I love a French accent :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    I would only date white girls. I find them more attractive, that's all. When one considers that there are intelligent, nice white girls and intelligent, nice black girls and intelligent, nice girls of every race, if one finds a particular race more attractive, it makes sense to choose that one over the others because there's nothing else in it.

ReputationRep:
    Israeli/Jewish girls

I.e. Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis, Rachel Stevens, Melanie Blatt etc

ReputationRep:
    I think nationality preference is obvious from my avatar

I've dated White British, Black British, Indian, French and Estonian guys in the past. My current boyfriend is German. I wouldn't say it's chemistry that's affected for me, as the guys I have found attractive have absolutely nothing in common physically :dontknow: For me it's the cultural and social aspect, as I plan to settle down in Germany, and if my boyfriend and I ever broke up, I don't think I'd be able to have another relationship that was purely monolingual, as I'm a linguist and the bilingual nature of the relationship is something very important to me. German culture is also my favourite and Germany my favourite country, so to me it just makes sense, rather than it being purely attraction-based.

ReputationRep:
    I don't consciously have a preference for any races but I do have a thing for Italian guys (especially southern Italian).

But when I told my guy friend I was dating a Italian he was like "what's it with you and white guys? LOL " I don't think I like white/light guys over anyone else but I just 'end up' with them. I've only dated 1 white British guy the rest have been light skinned something...

ReputationRep:
    Most of the guys I've dated have been of mixed race origin (west Indian/Chinese, Algerian/Jamaican/white , Portugese/white/bengali, Guyanese/Indian/African, polish/German) but I always always always found white guys gorgeous! Not necessarily blondes (Eric out of true blood a massive exception *drool*) but men with dark hair and blue/green eyes!! Mmmm.

Also a total sucker for men who have Irishy looking lips eg JRM or Tom Hardy. Wheeew!

Been with a few white guys and for some reason get stick for it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Signorita23)
    I don't consciously have a preference for any races but I do have a thing for Italian guys (especially southern Italian).

But when I told my guy friend I was dating a Italian he was like "what's it with you and white guys? LOL " I don't think I like white/light guys over anyone else but I just 'end up' with them. I've only dated 1 white British guy the rest have been light skinned something...
    Urgh I get the white guy comment a lot too! Silly boys lol

ReputationRep:
    It's mostly white girls and Persians who like me for some reason. But I have a thing for yellowbone black girls.

ReputationRep:
    I've dated quite a different lot of people. But I've always had a thing for dark hair and light eyes - e.g. MIchael fassbender. But overall, my dream dates are people from the caribbean of any ethnicity, e.g. blacks, mixed, caribbean indians etc.

Then White guys and indian guys. I've tried dating black, but they never seem to like me and its always their white friends who ask me out. My black male friends think I have some self hate issues, but its not my fault if very few black guys ask me out.

ReputationRep:
    White girls are all the same. Boring. Flat. You get the picture.

The black ones are just to die for.

The mixed ones aren't bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    I'll be the first to admit I love a French accent :innocent:
    It sounds innocent? lol

ReputationRep:
    Nah I don't have a preference. Being mixed race myself, Jamaican and Pakistani, but born and raised in the UK. I've been with guys from a range of backgrounds, polish to Indian to Turkish etc.

(Original post by PotPon)
    White girls are all the same. Boring. Flat. You get the picture.

The black ones are just to die for.

The mixed ones aren't bad.
    Lol. That's just plain rude.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm mixed race (white/black) and I'm mostly attracted to white guys. Pale skin is just :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.