The Student Room Group

Have you got race preference?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Signorita23
I don't consciously have a preference for any races but I do have a thing for Italian guys (especially southern Italian).

But when I told my guy friend I was dating a Italian he was like "what's it with you and white guys? LOL " I don't think I like white/light guys over anyone else but I just 'end up' with them. I've only dated 1 white British guy the rest have been light skinned something...

Go to africa , learn about your rass history and culture
Original post by coolstorybrother
yeh the inside lane ....

..oh not that kind of race lol

:lol:

Yeah I like the fast lane :smile:
Reply 122
every race is hot, i find black guys very attractive
Yes I have a preference - the human race.
Reply 124
Original post by Scienceisgood
I so wish I could change my ethnicity. =(
Being half English half Greek is a PAIN, people NEVER see my English side. I typically sway between somewhat pale to tanned depending on the lighting.
I would definitely chose to be 100% English over Greek given the somewhat, bad relationship with my father, I want NOTHING to do with him and am legally changing my surname when I get older. :angry:

Greek Women are very very sexy.... Bit suprised you would rather be english than greek.. Appreciate your half greek in you woman!
Original post by Scienceisgood
I so wish I could change my ethnicity. =(
Being half English half Greek is a PAIN, people NEVER see my English side. I typically sway between somewhat pale to tanned depending on the lighting.
I would definitely chose to be 100% English over Greek given the somewhat, bad relationship with my father, I want NOTHING to do with him and am legally changing my surname when I get older. :angry:

Aww poor you :console:

Perhaps you should try embracing both sides? That's what I say to those who are mixed race/ethnicity/nationality....
(edited 11 years ago)
I don't really have a preference - I'd date a guy with a great personality - but I seem to find myself fancying guys who are mixed race.
Original post by Sulphur
There seems to be a massive misunderstanding of race, ethnicity and nationality here :/

Haha true.
Reply 128
Yes. I don't find other races than white attractive, I only like white girls. I am mixed race, and people tell me that it's weird, but I don't really see why would it be weird. It may be unusual for mixed race(half white, half black) people to only find white girls/guys attractive, but I don't think it's weird.
Original post by Dee Leigh
Yes I have a preference - the human race.

If one more person writes this I'm going to track them down and slap them.
Original post by Sebara
Yes. I don't find other races than white attractive, I only like white girls. I am mixed race, and people tell me that it's weird, but I don't really see why would it be weird. It may be unusual for mixed race(half white, half black) people to only find white girls/guys attractive, but I don't think it's weird.

I don't think its weird to have a singular preference. People like who they like. But I always find it a bit odd when people only find one race amongst the entire planet of people attractive. I do think that is weird. There are billons of people in places like the caribbean, brazil, india etc who are gorgeous, and I find it weird when people can't see that. You may not want to date them, but to find everyone on the planet unattractive expect white people to me is kind of bizarre. Especially, when I am assuming the white girls you are referring to are English (since this is an english site). Not to say that english white girls are hideously ugly. But to me they are so plain looking. There is a big difference between racial preference for dating and who you find attractive. Some people can prefer to date one race, but are still capable of seeing beauty in others.

As a country, I think England probably has the least attractive people in Europe. Not to say that everyone in England is ugly,they are not. Just that I think most people in England are just very plain. Not hideous, but not very beautiful either. Also, when you compare ENgland to somewhere like France or Italy..... there are more attractive people in most other countries in Europe.
Reply 131
Absolutely not.
If you'd asked me when I was 14 I probably would've told you I have no preferences for my friends but for my partner I'd pick somebody who was white British. But when I was 17 I fell in love with a Turkish guy and we've now been together for 3 years and plan on getting married. I don't think people can really make definitive decisions until they have experienced things for themselves.
Original post by Bekabek
Absolutely not.
If you'd asked me when I was 14 I probably would've told you I have no preferences for my friends but for my partner I'd pick somebody who was white British. But when I was 17 I fell in love with a Turkish guy and we've now been together for 3 years and plan on getting married. I don't think people can really make definitive decisions until they have experienced things for themselves.

I completely agree with your response.
I have no preference at all really :h:
I have a major soft spot for Oriental guys and black/white mixed guys! That's not to say I'd only go for those two groups-I'll fall for who I fall for!
I like horse racing the most. Closely followed by motorbike racing.
Reply 136
Funnily enough it actually puts me off if someone finds me being Portuguese a major turn on. I have many better traits (that I actually work hard at rather than it just being where I was born or whatever) which people can enjoy and not my nationality or race. I do prefer the Latin race however which makes me seem like a bit if a hypocrite but, who cares!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mankytoes
If one more person writes this I'm going to track them down and slap them.

Come on then.
Reply 138
Every time I think I am developing a preference for one, there comes a beautiful person to make me realise I have no preference at all.
Those aren't races, surely?

I only seem to be attracted to people of my own race (white).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending