Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Addicted to legal highs... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've recently become addicted to fake cocaine... I literally only tried it 3 weeks ago and since that first weekend I've been taking a gram pretty much every day. But the side effects are really getting to me, both mentally and physically. I've been having extreme headaches, eye pain. throat pain, nose pain, ear pain, back pain. And I'm also becoming paranoid and very anxious, and I wake up feeling terrible.
    I actually think I'm physically addicted now and really can't see myself stopping but I really need to because I'm running out of money.

ReputationRep:
    You'll just have to force yourself to quit. What legal coke is it? Charge? I tried some legal ecstasy on new years and it was the best night of my life.

Only problem with these legal highs is they haven't been properly studied and researched so we don't know how dangerous they are to humans. You're actually better off taking the illegal variety as their effects have been well studied, only problem with that is that they are often cut with other substances and thus more dangerous.

Why can't politicians realise prohibition isn't working?

ReputationRep:
    at least your not addicted to actual coke. thats a bad road to go down as i recently discovered.

go to your GP and get help, if you are physically addicted there is nothing people on the internet can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canyouhelpme)
    You'll just have to force yourself to quit. What legal coke is it? Charge? I tried some legal ecstasy on new years and it was the best night of my life.

Only problem with these legal highs is they haven't been properly studied and researched so we don't know how dangerous they are to humans. You're actually better off taking the illegal variety as their effects have been well studied, only problem with that is that they are often cut with other substances and thus more dangerous.

Why can't politicians realise prohibition isn't working?
    It's called Rush. Do you have any idea what's in them? I haven't slept properly in like 3 days now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MutantGecko)
    at least your not addicted to actual coke. thats a bad road to go down as i recently discovered.

go to your GP and get help, if you are physically addicted there is nothing people on the internet can do.
    A gram of this stuff keeps me up for over 24 hours though. How did you stop?

ReputationRep:
    You're still rock and roll Jimmy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmytouchedme)
    It's called Rush. Do you have any idea what's in them? I haven't slept properly in like 3 days now...
    Have no Idea, you'll have to do the research. Often the sellers of these legal highs don't publicise what's in them

ReputationRep:
    A gram of this stuff keeps me up for over 24 hours though. How did you stop?
    what is it?

i didnt, i just cut down massively. always thinking about where and when i can get some... i resist the temptation the vast majority of the time.

ReputationRep:
    only legal high worth doing: NITROUS OXIDE hehehehehehe

ReputationRep:
    what is it?

i didnt, i just cut down massively. always thinking about where and when i can get some... i resist the temptation the vast majority of the time.
    No idea what it is.It's like coke but just acts a lot slower and way way longer. The comedown is in a different league, and it really messes my head up!

ReputationRep:
    I'm addicted to mountains and very tall buildings.

ReputationRep:
    No idea what it is.It's like coke but just acts a lot slower and way way longer. The comedown is in a different league, and it really messes my head up!
    yeah comedowns are a *****, its why i dont like MDMA, and will never do speed again!

once the comedown is completely over and you are feeling normal again you will be fine and not want it. how is it going?

ReputationRep:
    I've recently become addicted to fake cocaine... I literally only tried it 3 weeks ago and since that first weekend I've been taking a gram pretty much every day. But the side effects are really getting to me, both mentally and physically. I've been having extreme headaches, eye pain. throat pain, nose pain, ear pain, back pain. And I'm also becoming paranoid and very anxious, and I wake up feeling terrible.
    I actually think I'm physically addicted now and really can't see myself stopping but I really need to because I'm running out of money.
    Doctors I think. If you have already tried to stop and you can't. Legal highs are often basically the same substance as their illegal counterparts only switcheroo-ed a bit so as to make them not illegal. That's my understanding anyway. So being hooked on a legal high can be just as dangerous and difficult to come off. I'll never understand why people mess around with drugs which are addictive.

ReputationRep:

What's the difference? Addiction is addiction (granted, a smoking addiction isn't as debilitating as, say, heroin), and suffering from extreme side-effects is unpleasant no matter what your addiction is. This isn't a competition to see who's had the worse addiction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    What's the difference? Addiction is addiction (granted, a smoking addiction isn't as debilitating as, say, heroin), and suffering from extreme side-effects is unpleasant no matter what your addiction is. This isn't a competition to see who's had the worse addiction
    legal substances are fairly easy to get hold of, i.e the internet.

getting in coke dealers cars as a 19 year old female can be quite worrying.

ReputationRep:

And yet you done it anyway? We weren't discussing the secondary dangers, just the addiction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    And yet you done it anyway? We weren't discussing the secondary dangers, just the addiction.
    still do, unfortunately.

sorry, I meant everything that comes with the addiction, such as dangers, criminality ect.

also, as we still dont know what it is the OP takes there is no way of knowing if they are physically or just mentally addicted, which would make a big difference.

ReputationRep:
    yeah comedowns are a *****, its why i dont like MDMA, and will never do speed again!

once the comedown is completely over and you are feeling normal again you will be fine and not want it. how is it going?
    Hey ya, yeh not bought any since Thursday (yesterday). The comedown from this is alot worse than MDMA even. It's so long and its hard physically whereas mdma is a lot shorter and mostly mental and you don't have as many random side effects. Gotta battle through this weekend. Enjoying the coke?

ReputationRep:

There's a head shop 50 yards from my flat. You're mad getting in dealer's car's. You're a pretty girl too .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc:))
    Doctors I think. If you have already tried to stop and you can't. Legal highs are often basically the same substance as their illegal counterparts only switcheroo-ed a bit so as to make them not illegal. That's my understanding anyway. So being hooked on a legal high can be just as dangerous and difficult to come off. I'll never understand why people mess around with drugs which are addictive.
    There are some legal highs that are unlike anything illegal. Heard of MDPV for example- It's what I suspect is part of this current Research chemical I'm engaging with. It's active from like 10mg. The paranoia and anxiousness it causes is on a completely different level. It can keep you up for days on end from less than 500mg. Basically I need to stop or I could die.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.