Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am stuck on my Geography IB Extended Essay. I enjoy the human aspect of Geography and would like to base my essay around this area. Any ideas on possible subjects ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Some more information here:

https://sites.google.com/site/ibgeog...extended-essay - examples of good - bad essays

Example of one here: http://lchs.schoolloop.com/file/1325...6825793755.pdf (large file so takes time to download)

Hope that helps

geographypods

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for you help, I will take a look

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that you get better grades for your EE if you collect your own primary data?

If so, can anyone give me any suggestions of what EE topics I could possibly do for geography? I live in Hong Kong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vixkyf)
    Is it true that you get better grades for your EE if you collect your own primary data?

If so, can anyone give me any suggestions of what EE topics I could possibly do for geography? I live in Hong Kong!
    Hi there, I'm also from Hong Kong. I wrote my EE last year (just waiting to send it off to the IBO). Apparently it's true that you do get better marks if you collect primary data - because honestly, if you regurgitate information, it's the same thing as writing, let's say, a biology EE with you just regurgitating a textbook. Not very useful for whoever's reading. I know many of my friends did quality of life in Hong Kong, or even urban microclimates.

I got an A for my predicted mark for my EE so far, and my teacher's pretty accurate. My advice is to do something that really interests you - I chose to write about Hong Kong's sustainable tourism and if that's really 'true'. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am currently planning for my extended essay which is similar to yours but mine is based on Singapore. Is it possible if I could read your essay?
    (Original post by jennzers)
    Hi there, I'm also from Hong Kong. I wrote my EE last year (just waiting to send it off to the IBO). Apparently it's true that you do get better marks if you collect primary data - because honestly, if you regurgitate information, it's the same thing as writing, let's say, a biology EE with you just regurgitating a textbook. Not very useful for whoever's reading. I know many of my friends did quality of life in Hong Kong, or even urban microclimates.

I got an A for my predicted mark for my EE so far, and my teacher's pretty accurate. My advice is to do something that really interests you - I chose to write about Hong Kong's sustainable tourism and if that's really 'true'. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am planning for my extended essay which happens to be similar to yours but I'm doing mine based about Singapore. Is it possible if I could read your essay?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.