lisa.coverson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am stuck on my Geography IB Extended Essay. I enjoy the human aspect of Geography and would like to base my essay around this area. Any ideas on possible subjects ideas?
geographypods
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Some more information here:

https://sites.google.com/site/ibgeog...extended-essay - examples of good - bad essays

Example of one here: http://lchs.schoolloop.com/file/1325...6825793755.pdf (large file so takes time to download)

Hope that helps

geographypods
lisa.coverson
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thankyou for you help, I will take a look
vixkyf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is it true that you get better grades for your EE if you collect your own primary data?

If so, can anyone give me any suggestions of what EE topics I could possibly do for geography? I live in Hong Kong!
username1098011
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by vixkyf)
Is it true that you get better grades for your EE if you collect your own primary data?

If so, can anyone give me any suggestions of what EE topics I could possibly do for geography? I live in Hong Kong!
Hi there, I'm also from Hong Kong. I wrote my EE last year (just waiting to send it off to the IBO). Apparently it's true that you do get better marks if you collect primary data - because honestly, if you regurgitate information, it's the same thing as writing, let's say, a biology EE with you just regurgitating a textbook. Not very useful for whoever's reading. I know many of my friends did quality of life in Hong Kong, or even urban microclimates.

I got an A for my predicted mark for my EE so far, and my teacher's pretty accurate. My advice is to do something that really interests you - I chose to write about Hong Kong's sustainable tourism and if that's really 'true'. Hope this helps.
Amrutha051999
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I am currently planning for my extended essay which is similar to yours but mine is based on Singapore. Is it possible if I could read your essay?
(Original post by jennzers)
Hi there, I'm also from Hong Kong. I wrote my EE last year (just waiting to send it off to the IBO). Apparently it's true that you do get better marks if you collect primary data - because honestly, if you regurgitate information, it's the same thing as writing, let's say, a biology EE with you just regurgitating a textbook. Not very useful for whoever's reading. I know many of my friends did quality of life in Hong Kong, or even urban microclimates.

I got an A for my predicted mark for my EE so far, and my teacher's pretty accurate. My advice is to do something that really interests you - I chose to write about Hong Kong's sustainable tourism and if that's really 'true'. Hope this helps.
Amrutha051999
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi I am planning for my extended essay which happens to be similar to yours but I'm doing mine based about Singapore. Is it possible if I could read your essay?
V_IBgoingtoUni
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jennzers)

Excuse me, I am also writing my ee on geography. I am wondering if you used graphs to show your primary data or did you just incorporated in the text.
Romesh12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How do you read IB geography for SL/HL? I think that cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk can be help for every students in IB Geography extended essay. Cheap Assignment Help contain in-house team of subject-oriented authors is able to provide intensive research, original and well-written assignments, term papers, dissertation, research papers, essays, reports, theories and coursework.
Students from top universities of the UK,USA and Malaysia,Australia and Canada,New Zealand our service online to get the top grade in their academic career. If you want high-quality assignment support from highly experienced writers at a convenient price, do not delay to contact us.Name:  Cheap-Assignment-Help.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  49.5 KB
nicoletsang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I am also from Hong Kong, I am starting my IB Extended essay soon as I'm turning a year 12 student this month (I AM SO SCARED). I've been thought about writing my extended essay on Geography (about tourism) or Biology (animal behaviour) I have no idea what to do and how to boost a high mark in my extended essay! please help me and give me some advice if you have finished the course or have written about either topic! Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (135)
17.74%
It's just nice to be back! (204)
26.81%
Not great so far... (273)
35.87%
I want to drop out! (149)
19.58%

Watched Threads