Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I'm looking to resit a science subject of some description, probably Physics.

I'm now 42 years old and somehow managed to not get a science qualification when I left education, I don't remember missing any exams, but hey ho, I could do with the qualification now.

So my question is, what are my options ?

Many Thanks in Advance.

ReputationRep:
    what do you need it for ? hmm

ReputationRep:
    The biggest employer in the area stipulates a science grade C or better in order to be considered for even basic jobs.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    In that case you should probably do GCSE Core Science rather than a GCSE each in the three sciences.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply.

Would this be a year long course at a college or Adult education centre ?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on where you can do it really. Make some phone calls It would probably take less than a year on its own, you could also do GCSE Additional Science too if you have a year to do it and are willing to put in the work

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.

I think my biggest problem is the time of year, or might there be some courses that start now, rather than run, Sept to june. ?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not sure, I'd imagine not as you could potentially run out of time in the run up to the June exams.

ReputationRep:
    I'll do like you say and make some phone calls.

Much appreicated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.